Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here. Great place. I am thinking of getting the brand-new base model, '04 2WD SL without the optional packages.

I live in Florida, and I am wondering what you guys would pay as far price tag goes? I know it generally starts at $28K. So far, the lowest I've been offered is $25K, but with tax and dealership charge, and other fees, it went up to $27K. And of course there's interests to be added for financing. I am wondering, if $27k is a good deal, or most of you guys managed to get it for cheaper (or relatively cost effective after adding the optional packages)? Thanks, any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I take it $25,000.00 is the price after the $1000.00 rebate now being offered?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not aware of any rebates, but they said from the base price $28K, "that's the best they can do." and then extra $2K for fees.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Hi there... i got my 2003 SL AWD base(stock) for $26K, including the fees, total is

around $28,900 somethin...<include tax and title>
It does not have the extended warranty as well.

Of course so far i bought lots of thing for the car: OEM xenon headlight upgrade, nav aftermarket), backup sensor, body modling, xm radio etc....maybe the $$$ will add up to SL+some minor options... Oh well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Think very carefully before you buy the base model. I was going to do the same thing, then add leather, then add sunroof, then wish I had the HID's, then wish I had a roof rack, then wish I had the better stereo, etc, etc. Before I knew it, the SL touring pkg was actually cost effective. If you're not getting AWD, you should be able to upgrade to all the goodies for about 3K ($4300 pkg). Not bad if you plan on keeping the car.

I don;t know what all your dealer addons were. You can't count sales tax and registration and that stuff because that's part of any auto purchase, buy the car you want, and the taxes will be what they will be.

I've skimped in several cars, and have always been sorry in the long run, especially after I added all the other stuff aftermarket anyway.

Just my 2cents ...

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dealer invoice is around $27,500, so I think $25,000 is an excellent price.

Here's the rebate info from Edmunds.com

Manufacturer to Customer

Rebates: $1000 Cash to Customer start: 07/07/2004 end: 08/02/2004

Restrictions: Customer cash may be not combined with special APR financing.

Comments: Incentives may vary see your local dealer for details.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought a base SL 2WD and have never regretted it. I paid $27k with extended warantee.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Base SL

I kind of agree with Revhigh. I got the base model. Only thing different from mine and other base models is I sprung for the Chrome wheels. I wish I had gotten alot of the factory options and you may too once you hear about the effectiveness of some of them.
especially the NAV system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok....now is the time to buy. Dealers want to clear their lots of 04's for the 05's coming in. I purchased an 04 AWD two weeks ago with every option save for the sat radio and the DVD for $32,893. That's with the $1,000 rebate which all dealers should be offering you or 1.9% financing. The sticker price for this vehicle was $37,930....so you do the math. You have to armed with the facts to get the best price. There are plenty of internet sites that offer sticker vs dealer cost....you should negotiate down from there.
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Hey Z fanatic, I'm your guy. Base SL Polished Pewter.
Mine stickered about 28200. I beat him down to 25,800 or something close and drove away after tax and junk for about 27000 or 27500.( can't recall exact but in that range.)
My take is a little different than most. First the car had everything I wanted at the base price. Dual Air/Heat topped my list. Power seat and homelink were goodies I really wanted. I did add the highly recomended mud guard/flap option, rear cargo mat and he threw in that fold down hideaway cargo cover and floor mats. My car rarley ventures more than 100 miles from home so the $2000 Nav system would be a toy for me and have very little use. Not much snow to contend with so the SE had not much use. If I lived up north I would want some AWD but not needed here. DVD, ehh, back seats in my car almost never used. Leather looks nice but I'm sure its hot when baking in the sun, still I wish I had leather but the fabric is top shelf. Yup, I'm a basic guy, that's what I needed plus closing on a new house one year ago did not leave much left over for toys. I gotta say the MO is the most loaded basic platform I have ever seen.

For fun I used to sign off like this.

04-SL/Polished Pewter........with steering wheel.

Bob1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Z_Fanatic, not sure if you bought your Mo already. I got the AWD SE base model with splash guard and cargo protector (recommended). So far I love it. But if I got to choose again, I will add the premium package for the in-dash CD changer, roof rails (to add ski rack or bicycle rack later), and cargo net. The single CD player on the base model cannot be replaced by an aftermarket unit, and it is a pain in the rear to try to add a CD changer to the original headunit. I am doing some experiment to see if an aftermarket CD changer will work on the original headunit (not sure if it has changer control circuitry). I will post the result next week. Search the forum for "changer".

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Just bought a 04 MO. Just can't wait to get it. They have to locate it should be driving it on Tuesday.:D If you look online at Edmunds.com You can see what they own it for. It wont have dealer holdback on there but thats 3%. You should beable to buy it for cost or $100 over. Minis the $1000 rebate from nissan. ($28,860 List $26,585 Cost) should be the cost of a base fwd MO. If They have one on there lot you like you should have no problem getting it from them at cost. Start them in the hole about $800 and let them get you up from there. If they say they can't do that they will give you a price they want, Then tell them you will split it with them. Remember it doesn't have to be 50/50 split.LOL Move up $100 or $200 at a time. Good luck..

04 Mo SL AWD, Glacier Pearl, SL Touring Pack, Navigation, Dynamic Traction Control, Roof Rails, Splash Guards, Floor Mats, Sunroof Deflector Cargo Area Protector.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts