Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly , I have to post that my leased 2020 Murano Platinum was , frankly , a pile of crap .
It started when I got the car , brand new , and I discovered after driving it a few miles , that it was soo noisy that at 65 mph I cut no hear the radio or talk to people on the rear seat .
The noise seemed to come from the rear floor and the rear window ...(?)
I also noticed that if I turned the steering wheel all the way to the left , it will make a "clunk" sound underneath the car , like some steering part was hitting something.
Then , a mere 4 days after having the car, the entire dash black out . It took half hour to reboot itself with me panicking big time , then I said it is ok it was just a flip ... Since then it has done 3 more times although always re-boot itself , but what the hell...
Then , after 6000 miles , the front sonar system stopped working . I took it to the dealer to do the oil maintenance , etc and also to check that , I was told that the system worked perfectly , although it didn`t and since then it has not worked at all .
In general, the car is pretty , with a good paint and its seats are very comfortable , but besides that , the mechanicals and electronics are total crap , specially the electronics are dated , with many of the new cars options missing in comparison , something incredible on a top of the line model like the Platinum series .
The dash screen has terrible resolution visibility ... it is incredible that these cars are so badly equipped .
The car has no handling at all ... period . It reminded me of an old 69 Lincoln Continental I used to own many , many years ago , a classic boat as it was called .
I became so disappointed in the car that I began to really hate having to make the monthly payments , until 2 months ago that I cut not take it anymore , so I went to Car Max to sell it and get rid of the car , and that was when I found out that Nissan would not allow a leased car to be sold to anybody else but Nissan ... You can break your lease , but you have the ONLY OPTION of going to a Nissan dealer and they will buy back the car at the price that they give you (it is the only way to get rid of the car) and so I had to do that . I lost $3,000.00 compared to the money Car MAX would have given me , so I only got $400.00 but I got out of there happy .
No wonder Nissan is in financial troubles big time ...
I, then , went to Kia and leased a 2021 Sorento SX-Prestige ... It even cost me less than the Murano ...!!! The difference between the two cars is soo enormous ... I can only say I am very, very happy and I would never look at another Nissan ever again .
Again , sadly , I have to be bearer of bad news for Murano owners , but I had no choice , it was a bad decision to go to Nissan in the first place and it cost me money and much unhappiness .
Thanks to all

·
Registered
663 Posts
Interesting you went with a Kia....

I've had a fair bit of co-workers and friends that have all gone toward Kia and swear by it.

I guess thats where i'll look next. Definately wont step foot into another Nissan dealership. My 2017 Platinum has been awful as well. It has had more problems then all my previous owned cars COMBINED.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Interesting you went with a Kia....

I've had a fair bit of co-workers and friends that have all gone toward Kia and swear by it.

I guess thats where i'll look next. Definately wont step foot into another Nissan dealership. My 2017 Platinum has been awful as well. It has had more problems then all my previous owned cars COMBINED.
I'll be honest though, I wouldn't buy a KIA. I would most likely end up in a used Toyota or Lexus. Nothing against Kia, they have come a long way. I've had Toyota in the past and have gotten 300k + miles on them and they resell really well. I dont know if I can say that for kia, im just not sure. Then again, these are my preferences when looking for a car and subjective. I would never buy a brand new car either not saying the op did, just adding that as if anyone cares lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the Kia for a month and a half now and I love it , my wife also loves it and I am ecstatic about the car .
It is fully loaded (SX-Prestige) , the dash screen hi definition resolution is incredible , miles away from the Murano`s , full array of electronics including wireless phone charging , it drives by itself on the highway (really it does) full Bose system with 12 speakers and a real subwoofer , 12" dash screen , all controlled by voice , very fast navigation , all around hi definition cameras even on the side ... etc etc .
Specially , no noise when driving , the car is silent , very comfortable with a real nice sound system and it has great handling on the Comfort mode , but if you put it on the Sport mode , it changes dramatically from the 8 speed trans to the suspension and the steering and becomes aggressive on the handling .
Captain chairs in the second row also .
Go and take a look at one and you will be amazed .
I absolutely love it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts