Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - Financial circumstances have finally come to a head and I had to part with my 04 Murano. :mad: I had to trade down to something that could make the payment a little more manageable. I will make a couple of comments on the Murano now that I no longer have it:

1. You don't know what you have until it is gone. As soon as I started driving my new (admittedly less of a vehicle) car I realized what a pain the shift points can feel like and the lapse in power while shifting is annoying. I am sure I will get used to it but the initial feel of the shifting was unwelcome.

2. I purchased a vehicle with 235HP and 226 Torque but because of being used to the pure power band in the Murano (I was spoiled) the new car feels anemic. Nothing I have driven compares to the confidence you get when accelerating in the Murano. I know there are other vehicles that have more power than Murano, I just have not had the opportunity to drive them (yet!).

3. What a great forum this is!! I have signed up for a couple of other forums for my new car and the activity in those forums is sparse in comparison to this one. All of the members here that I have ever had any interaction with have been nothing less than great. I wanted to let you all know how much your knowledge and willingness to help is appreciated. If you all don't mind I will hang around and listen in for awhile. If there is anything I can help someone with down the road as far as some of the new owners I may chime in.

Now for the new car- I bought a Hyundai! I know, I know, Hyundai's reputation is less than stellar,but it has improved dramatically over the past several years. I had to search extremely hard for anything bad related to the 06 Sonata so I thought it as at least worthy of a test drive. I drove it and thought it was a very nice vehicle for the price point. I had to get over my snobbish pride and realize that the Sonata was a very decent car for the price in comparison to it's competitors.

I bought an 06 Sonata LX with a 3.3L V6, Leather,ESC,TC,ABS, heated seats, and airbags all the way around, 17 inch wheels with low profile Michelin's, Sunroof and upgraded 6 CD (MP3 capable) stereo. Color is Silver/Blue - appears silver in sunlight and more Blueish in shade and on cloudy days.
Believe me with all of the great stuff the new car has on it, I still really miss the Murano!!!

·
4,601 Posts
Hyundai's products are getting pretty good, and many of them are a great value. So I'm sure it's a wise choice. But yes, the Murano's an absolute joy to drive, so I can understand how you feel...

Hopefully things will pick up and you'll get another chance!

·
Registered
545 Posts
pcs15394

Good luck and sorry to hear about the finances. I may be in the same boat as you as I recently lost my job and am struggling a bit financially. I like the Hundai lineup and they have come quite a ways since their early days of car-making. Nice choice! I've been following the '06 Sonata ads on TV and it looks great!

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
pcs, I'm sorry it came down to that. OTOH, my wife drives an '03 Sonata and its been a great car for her. The only thing I can name that's been any kind of an issue was that the wiper arms rusted! Oh, and I don't remember if it was the '02 or the '03, but the driver's window did stick fully open once, and the repair was covered of course.

And for what its worth, she used to have an '02, but lost it in an accident on the highway.. front left tire exploded and put her in the wall. The car was destroyed, but she walked away with a bruised shoulder from the seatbelt. I wouldn't put her in just about anything else after that.

It's a shame, too, as I'll be in Debary from the 27th thru the 4th. We never got in our "Murano Meetup" :( Best of luck, our Sonatas have been good to us.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Another one bites the dust?

I feel for ya pcs, I have been there and it was a sad day to lose stuff due to finances. I guess the worst thing was selling a camper I had been upgrading for 3 years...just as I had it finished...poof. The buyer was estatic with all of the options and condition. It sold in 3 days....was a steal.
My boys litterally cried watching it go up the street...I had a tear too.

You will always be welcome here.
As I and others have said, this is more than a Murano forum..it is a band of brothers as well.

Good luck with your new ride.

BTW, you still live in what I call God's country. I love the Sarasota area and dream of living there one day.
:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to hear that, PCS, I know how you feel. We're trying to tough it out to get our MO paid for, downgrading our other car to give us a little breathing room.

Elliot, just as an option, have you seen the new RAV4 with the V6? 269 hp 249 lb-ft 3.5L V6, 0-60 in 6.3 according to Car and Driver, http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=10394
Looks like a nice vehicle, limited trim with 4wd and V-6 for $28,000...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Good luck with your new Hyundai.... at least you had piece of mind to do something sooner rather than latter. Smart move!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sorry to hear about the finances, and Hyundai is a good car with great reviews. Enjoy it, and don't forget that membership in this forum is for life no matter what you end up driving after the MO so you must stick around....:D

Good luck...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Best of luck pcs! The new Sonata is a nice car, and I'm sure you will enjoy the better fuel economy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
As long as they deal with the warranty better than Nissan, how can you argue with 10 years 100K miles? Sounds like a fine choice to me.

The ratings have gone up in the last few years. I wouldn't sweat it. You've gotta do what's best for you and your family.

Feel free to hang out here any chance you can.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I am really sorry to see another member of this great community go. Well, sometimes things control us, and there is nothing we can do. Just for curiosity how much did you pay for such a good equipped Sonata?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Slightly OT: The end of the year is used by the media for "memorial" lists.
How about a list of a list of those who have left us in the past year..
Gripper Don
PCS15394
Jaak
Generator

I am sure there were more....

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
ekaxel said:
Gripper Don
PCS15394
Jaak
Generator
Good idea! :4:
From that list, I can cross reference that with the top 10 posters of this forum and can tell how many of those top 10 keep their murano 6 mo. from now, 12 mo. from now...etc.

Originally posted by ToddEichel:
Elliot, just as an option, have you seen the new RAV4 with the V6? 269 hp 249 lb-ft 3.5L V6, 0-60 in 6.3 according to Car and Driver, http://www.caranddriver.com/article...rticle_id=10394
Looks like a nice vehicle, limited trim with 4wd and V-6 for $28,000...

For that price ($28K), one can get a used low milage or even new base awd murano (tax title included).

·
Registered
416 Posts
Owning a MO may be the reason to join the forum; losing your MO may not necessarily be a reason to leave the forum

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks

Everyone:
Thanks for all the well wishes and support. I plan on hanging around here for a while. I really enjoy this forum and I plan on getting another Murano in the future (possibly used) so I want to keep up with it. My financial issues are not severe but I wanted to nip it before it became a problem. I probably overreached on the Murano as far as finances go, I felt selfish and thought I should rectify the situation. I was only using it to go back and forth to work and a couple of weeks a year for vacation so I figured I could get a lesser vehicle to get from point A to point B.

ekaxel - I paid 20500 for the Sonata - It has everything you can get on it and it is not a bad looking car. Kind of a cross between a Passat and an Accord.

EasternPa- Sorry we never hooked up. I think I was travelling for Business the last time you were down.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Woah, woah, woah... Jaak left?

I've been gone for a while but yeesh, I never thought I'd see THAT happen...

·
4,601 Posts
I didn't leave, well, I left the Murano owners but I'm still here.

Obviously, it's not because I have a Murano. But I still know a fair bit about it, so if I have useful brain cells to share, I'm good with that. (Plus a nice collection of Nissan/Infiniti service manuals)

I have a shorter Murano now, with no CVT and two more cylinders. It also says SRT8 Magnum on the back.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaak-

"Shorter Murano"?? I thought the Magnum was longer than the MO. At least that's how it looks to me.

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
njjoe said:
jaak-

"Shorter Murano"?? I thought the Magnum was longer than the MO. At least that's how it looks to me.

-njjoe
Shorter in height. Certainly not in length. I had to sell off my spare set of SL wheels to make sure there was enough room to clear the SRT8. Just needed a few more inches in length. Now I need a spare set of 20's...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
ekaxel said:
Gripper Don
PCS15394
Jaak
Generator

Unofurtunately, I left too. Coming up on a year with the new car, and I still talk about the murano. However, it's impossible to leave this forum. I have tp check back from time to time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts