Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I assume you are referring to a rear door and not the liftgate. Check the available locking settings in the owner's manual, I think you'll find a setting that my accomplish your goal.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
My bad. I meant the liftgate. When the Murano is in drive gear, I can't open the liftgate.
I would imagine it's a safety feature...

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to open it while in gear?

·
Administrator
9,583 Posts
My bad. I meant the liftgate. When the Murano is in drive gear, I can't open the liftgate.
That's typical for new cars, and an obvious safety measure. My own conclusion was that it's more trouble to mess with it than it's worth. All I need to do to use it is to stop for a moment and trigger the lift gate to rise.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, it is indeed a safety feature. I'm just curious if anyone has managed to get around this feature because living in the city dropping off a passenger and quickly going to the cargo area to pick up a few items at the light makes a difference in opening the liftgate while the transmission is in drive. This will sound silly to those living in the suburbs. I was checking for a simple task not looking for a project to disable this feature. Thanks folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts