Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
In regard to changing the cabin filter on a 2009, 2010, 2011 Murano:

You do not need to remove the carpet panel as instructed in the TYC instructions. If you look closely at your Murano, you will see the opening where the cabin filter is located is not covered by carpet. You will see the black release tab which you push "gently", upwards that releases the cabin air filter cradle door. The TYC instructions are correct otherwise.

where is the filter exactly?

"rearward center console"?

pics please :D thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thankful for the member who posted that the carpet side panel in a 2009 Murano does not need to be removed to access the cabin air filter. It was an easy job to access even for a person with a mobility disability. The original filter I removed was a Nissan brand and probably OEM from the assembly line. It was partially crushed downward from the top in a V shape, along with some obvious moisture stains on the sides and very dirty. As the 2nd owner I am happy to be able to do simple maintenance old school style.

Chosen replacement was the Wix brand...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1985230&cc=1442299&jsn=400

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
13 Participants
Monaru
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing