Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find or how to get to the cabin air filter? I'm approaching 15,000 miles and would like to check it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check Grubbs Infiniti

http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

Check the FX35/45 page they have the filter in the middle of the page.

In-cabin Microfilter for FX45/35.

Price $ 29.99

Filters the air you breath inside your vehicle.
Reduces road dust, pollen and other air pollutants.
Replace annually or every 15,000 miles (whichever comes first).]

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I meant was where do you find it in the vehicle and how do you remove it?

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but it says "to replace the filter, contact your Nissan dealer". Since I don't trust them with an oil change, I don't trust them with this either. I just want to check it to see how dirty it is and possibly replace it myself if it needs it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You need to unscrew the glovebox. The filter is behind that.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, I did finally check my cabin air filter after 15,000 miles. This was no 5 minute job. Maybe about an hour. I pulled the filter out and it was pretty clean except for a few seeds and pine needles. So I vacuumed it out and put it back in. I don't plan on looking at it again until 30,000 miles at which time I'll probably replace it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
urbanias said:
This was no 5 minute job. Maybe about an hour.
:eek: Yikes! An hour?!?! For those of us who AREN'T mechanics, do you think it's do-able ?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
thecanuck said:

:eek: Yikes! An hour?!?! For those of us who AREN'T mechanics, do you think it's do-able ?
Don't worry about it. Everyone starts off as a non mechanic. Slowly you aquire tools, and soon you can fix everything on your car.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't extremely difficult, just "putsy" and awkward. You have to remove the glove box and side bracket, mostly phillips head screws, one with a plastic cover you have to snap off. The instructions in the service manual were NOT real clear and helpful. You sort of figure it out as you go along. Anyone with average skills should be able to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In-cabin microfilter

Yesterday I replaced the in-cabin micro filter in by MO. It is a fairly easy job, took about 40 minutes total. Just remove seven (7) phillip screws and a clip holding the right side by the door. I just made one mistake, I forgot about the light in the glove box and broke the bulb when lowering the glove box unit. :3: Now I have to go to the dealer a get a new bulb then next weekend do the hole process over again. I hope to improve my time to about 30 minutes. Luckily this is a once a year job, but doing it your will save you $$ from having a dearer do it for you. Bought the filter on the internet for about $22.00 the dealer wanted about $85 for the job.

03 Super Blk w/cafe, SL AWD
with al the extras

·
5,268 Posts
I clean the filter after about 17k miles. It was pretty clean. I took apptoximately 30 min. the secret is to read the instruction first!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just replaced it at 15K since I had to take it out to clean anyway. Was only $20 or so...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pollen filter instructions

Hey MOer's,
I have posted the instructions on my member gallery.....check it out.
I want all the DIY 's to stand up and fight back the dealerships outrageous prices....they where going to charge me $90.00 to install this it took me a whole 30 min to do.

The filter cost $29.95 on www.leeauto.com

Good luck DIY 's

Rich

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone tried to do it without removing the glovebox? I had looked earlier, and it seems like you could reach the micro door. It might be a little tight to do the work, but I think it would save a lot of time and frustration...or I could be completely wrong. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It is not hard to remove the glovebox. I wanted to skip this part too but found it was little more effort to remove the glovebox and do it the way recommended by the manufacturer. But you are right, you can actually see the cabin filter assembly without removing the glovebox. Just keep a cup handy to put all the screws you remove into.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pollen Filter

1. I removed the three screws on the bottom strip
2. Open the glove box and remove the 2 screws, one on the right and the left.
3. And the 2 screws for the glove box striker.
4. Then wrestle the glove box assembly out.
5. Now you should have access to the filter cover.
****Caution remember to clip back in the light for the glove box****

Rich

·
Registered
129 Posts
Or you can just open the glove box squease the sides so the stops pass through the dash remove and replace filter reverse instructions.

Time about 3 minutes

·
5,268 Posts
eager,

it sounds great! 3 min! Could you post more detailed description. Most of the members of this board would like to hear it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Kris said:
eager,

it sounds great! 3 min! Could you post more detailed description. Most of the members of this board would like to hear it.

If you open the glovebox and look above it, the cabin filter box is visible. If you had long skinny fingers, you can reach in there and change the filter. I changed my filter in the middle of the night in my garage so it was too dark to see clearly and reach into the gap, but I suppose it can be done. However, removing the screws takes maybe 10 minutes or so, still not too hard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts