Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I purchased an 06 Murano SL with Tour package 6 weeks ago. I also have the OEM chrome wheels.
A couple of days after purchase I began to notice a cabin vibration when cruising around 45mph. It is more prevalent in the passenger seat. You can see the center console vibrating. If you place a bottled water in the cup holder you can see the water vibrating.
I returned it to the dealer and they supposedly Road Force balanced the tires. It did not help at all. I carried it to a second dealer more local to me and the Service Manager test drove and said I have a problem. They inspected the tires and wheels and only found one of the chrome wheels "slightly" out of round. They Road Force balanced again and told me they got all four tires below 7lbs. of Road Force which is good?? They told me the first balance at the other dealer was not right. The vibration is better but still there. Service Manager told me he could get me a new tire to mount on the out of true wheel and it might help, but the wheel is not bad enough out of round for Nissan to replace!!
I have found posts here of owners with engine/cvt vibration but I don't think mine is engine related.
Any members with similar problem? I appreciate your time and response.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same problem with mine, but I have a AWD SE. It starts about 45mph and is gone by 50mph so it's not a huge deal, but still not right.

I traded an 03 SL so I am getting used to the ride difference and only have about 450 miles on mine so I just thought this may be one of them, but since yours does the same thing it's interesting.

Keep me posted on what you find out and I'll do the same. My local dealer I use for service is moving this week, so I thought I would wait until after that to take it and get it checked.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I would not go for the "it is good enough" response. This is a new car with bumper to bumper warranty and Nissan MUST fix any issues.

Beware that this may fall under the "adjustment" period so after one year or 12,000 miles is up (whichever comes first) Nissan can legally tell you the issue is no longer their concern. So have them fix and replace the out of round wheel now and do not take no for an answer.....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I agree with Z.

To the dealer and NNA.
Fix it now, or give me my money back via the lemon law.
In other words, pay me now or pay me later.

IMO the fact that Andrew bought an AWD has no bearing on the issue of the vibration.

Homer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I really believe it is the chrome wheel that is "slightly" out of round by their specs. I noticed on that wheel they have wiped off the factory blue dot indicating the heavy point on the wheel and placed another dot of theirs. For what I paid for these chrome wheels they should be perfect.

Andrew let me know what your Dealer does. I live outside Jackson Tennessee and could drive to Memphis if your Dealer finds the problem. I have already tried the Dealers in Jackson and Paris so don't waste your time there.

I plan to call the service manager Monday and demand a new wheel.

thanks again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Will do. After reading this more and thinking about it more, I just went out for a drive and mine is less "out of balance feeling" and more just a "buzz" type feeling at that range. As I said, I don't even have 500 miles on the car yet and it is getting better, so I will deal with in in a week or two.

As for dealerships, I have had great luck with my last Murano at Bluff City Nissan and really like the service team there. They are moving tomorrow and becoming Wolfchase Nissan, so they will be pretty close to you. Call and talk to the Service Manager, Phil. You will really like him and I think they will help you solve it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Adjustment period should be three years.

I am still working on issues with my dealership and I am up to three years and eight months of ownership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts