Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you think we do better off the line? I ask because I pulled up next to a black on and the road ahead would merge to one lane. I wasn't going to floor it off the line until I saw what the SRX was going to do. I couldn't tell if it was an elderly person or not. :)

At any rate I wait for a second when the light turn green and he started to accelerate quick so I floored it while putting the MO into Ds.

I was able to keep up with him but due to my delay he stayed ahead of me.

Question: If I hit the pedal faster would the MO out run an SRX? Just curious. Seems like a pretty good size car. I could not tell if he had the V6 or V8 nor do I know if he lightened up a bit when he saw me merge behind him.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Well a SRX V8 does 0-60 in about 6.6, an FX45 in about 6.3.

Too fast for a MO.

V6 ?

·
5,244 Posts
From autochannel:

SPECIFICATIONS 2004 Cadillac SRX-V8

Base Price $ 46,300
Price As Tested $ 58,140
Engine Type dual overhead cam 32-valve aluminum alloy V8 with variable valve timing
Engine Size 4.6 liters / 279 cu. in.
Horsepower 320 @ 6400 rpm
Torque (lb-ft) 315 @ 4400 rpm
Transmission 5-speed electronically-controlled automatic
Wheelbase / Length 116.0 in. / 195.0 in.
Curb Weight 4442 lbs.
Pounds Per Horsepower 13.9
Fuel Capacity 20.0 gal.
Fuel Requirement 91-octane unleaded premium
recommended Tires Michelin Pilot MXM4 front: P235/60 VR18 rear: P255/55 VR18
Brakes, front/rear vented disc / vented disc, antilock and brake assist standard
Suspension, front/rear independent short-and-long arm / independent multilink
Ground clearance 8.2 inches
Drivetrain front engine, all-wheel drive

PERFORMANCE
EPA Fuel Economy - miles per gallon city / highway / observed 15 / 20 / 17
0 to 60 mph 6.8 sec
towing capacity 1000 lbs standard, 3500 with towing package

It must have been the V8.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The SRX weighs more than the Murano, so I imagine the V6 version (which is no slouch at 255hp) would be about as quick as the MO (maybe a little slower, but in the real world, differences of ~0.2s are practically insignificant - reaction times are more important).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo-

You realize there is only one way to know for sure, right? You're going to have to run the next Caddy SRX you meet at a stoplight.

We're counting on you. Don't let us down.

By the way, if the cops nail you for racing... we never heard of you. :8:

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
lol, I run everything

even got on a viper's but once.....he walked away, but it was fun tryin to keep up.
:2:

an I had to add this...
I was living in Charlotte, NC one time with my big bad rally sport, hardly anyone would race me, those that did lost. Then came the exact scenario of Gonzo--cept the other car was a vega with a v8.
I got so mad at myself for not down shiftin...but I knew if I did the tires would just smoke and he would be gone anyway.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mgthe3 said:
lol, I run everything

even got on a viper's but once.....he walked away, but it was fun tryin to keep up.
:2:
A Viper!! :eek: You really are a glutton for punishment!! :2:

If you raced him in the 1/8 mile on gravel or fresh snow an AWD might have a shot.

There's only a handful of production cars in the world that can give the Viper a run for the money, and none of them have a Nissan badge.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
njjoe said:
Gonzo-

You realize there is only one way to know for sure, right? You're going to have to run the next Caddy SRX you meet at a stoplight.

We're counting on you. Don't let us down.

By the way, if the cops nail you for racing... we never heard of you. :8:

-njjoe
Come one you are talking to the dude that hit 120 MPH in his MO... :p

·
5,244 Posts
There's only a handful of production cars in the world that can give the Viper a run for the money, and none of them have a Nissan badge.

-njjoe
They used to say: there is no substitute for cubic inches.....it was the muscle car era…..still valid for Vipers and Corvettes……but then some people discovered turbos…….

But you are right njjoe, there is not many cars that can walk away from Viper or Vette…..there is nothing to substitute the feeling of V8 or V10………….unless it is V12…
:2: :2: :2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
njjoe said:

A Viper!! :eek: You really are a glutton for punishment!! :2:

If you raced him in the 1/8 mile on gravel or fresh snow an AWD might have a shot.

-njjoe
Just not in the USA. Take the upcoming Skyline GTR, with an estimated 450+bhp and AWD, and that will give any car a run for its money!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kris said:

They used to say: there is no substitute for cubic inches.....it was the muscle car era….
The old saying was "no replacement for displacement", says the same thing but rhyming was still cool back then... ;)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris said:

They used to say: there is no substitute for cubic inches.....it was the muscle car era
Now what do they say? "There's no substitute for liters"? I hate the metric system!

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
I hate the metric system!

-njjoe [/B]

Why? It is so logical.....and easy.....

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris said:

Why? It is so logical.....and easy.....
Kris,

Yes, it is logical, and yes it is easy, but I equate engine displacement with cubic inches, and soda bottles with liters. I guess it has something to do with being an aspiring car-nut in the 60s and 70s when cubic inches was king and cubic centimeters was used for imports.

-njjoe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts