Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a new Murano. Having a hard time finding one that matches my specs with a charcoal leather interior. Searching the stock of dealerships within a 100 mile radius shows about 75% of MOs have cafe latte. The latte looks very classy but I'm concerned about it showing dirt, etc. My wife just bought an 04 Honda Accord and her tan seats, both driver and passenger, are turning dark as though the clothing color is coming off on them. I don't want the same with the MO and I don't have time to treat my leather every week. Somewhere else on this forum someone commented that their black belts are staining the latte. Can anyone share their experiences and how the cafe latte has held up? While very classy looking, it's a light color and just looking at the steering wheel makes it get dirty. I'm thinking I have to go with charcoal ???

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Light is lovely, IMHO hard to keep clean, I have had White(believe it or not), Glove butter, Dove Grey, Black and Charchol. Also ranked in order of ease of maintenance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Latte with 7000 miles and love it. I haven't treated the leather yet and it still looks clean. I owned a Saturn with light tan leather for 10 years and it always looked clean, even with a large drooling dog. My VW has tan seats and is 13 years old and they still look clean. I think as long as you clean them once a year or so and treat them every two years, there should be no problem.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
When I visited my Nissan dealership, I found the cafe latte leather to be less luxurious looking than the charcoal. However, what turned me off was not the leather, but the cheap beige dash color of the latte interior. Not fitting for a $30k+ vehicle, IMHO.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Personally, I'm a fan of the black interior. However at a car show I sat in the Caffe Latte interior and thought it was pretty nice. However my entire family objected stating the same comment about the dash and the cheap look of it. It's all a matter of taste. I like black; it looks amazing when it's spotless. I was taking some friends to a wedding once and the one girl got in and called her parents over to show them the limo like interior. :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I've been a member of a lot of car forums,
Miata and Corvette most notably.

This is the only one where people continually refer to my choice of interior as Cheap.
Obviously I don't agree and if I said that this kind of bashing didn't bother me, I would be lying.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Its not so much the color of the interior that I find unfitting for a near luxury SUV, its the quality of the hard plastic on the top of the dash - nissan could have at least put some soft touch material there. Neither Toyota nor Honda uses that kind of hard plastic on the dash top. Unyielding hard plastic also contributes to the rattles many Murano owners experience. I found the beige dash of the Highlander to be of higher quality (in my opinion) than the Murano.

I do not consider opinion to be bashing, its just opinion. For example, some people here HATE Hondas. I for one think they are well engineered vehicles.

I had chosen midnight blue as the exterior color of my Murano, I thougth charcoal interior was a much better match for the color (as well as being a rarer combination).

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Homer,
I agree with Eric L. and his statement 100%. Perhaps some think black does a better job of concealing nissans choice in materials.

I also have to state that if you were to tell me that you didnt like black and thought it looked cheap I would not be offended. It's the color of the interior...nothing major. I've read several car magazines that gave the MO lower ratings on interior comparisons because of the 'cheap interior look and feel'. However, I could not care less. I think it's pretty sweet regardless of color.

Don't take it so personally buddy. What good would a this vs. that thread if everyone agreed?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with Homer

As a owner of the Latte Leather interior I feel we (latte owners) are looked down upon because we purchased, in some opinion, the cheap looking interior. I bought the latte because when I rode in a Black MO, with the Charcol interior, I felt like I was in a cave. I was also worried about the extra heat in inside the cabin from all the dark material being in a sunny state. I live in So. Ca. The latte as held up very well over the past year. I take a few friends Mt biking in it weekly. We get sweaty and dirty and you can hardly tell anyone but me has been in the vehicle. I also take clients out to lunch regulary and everyone comments on how clean and nice it looks. My only concern is my previously mentioned color transfer from my black leather belts. I have not tried Grippers suggestion yet. I will follow up with my results.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I have tan interior and I love it. That color was by choice because I thought it made the interior look bigger and better (just my opinion) but I do have to agree that the dash plastic pieces easily show all imperfections and do look very cheap. Not only plastic is hard and "Saturn" looking, but in certain lights, I see imperfections that look like little bubles (over right airbag area). I have read in the forum that others have also had that problem. Not that the same thing is not in a black dash, but the black color certainly helps to conceal the imperfections.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just bought mine last Saturday and believe it or not the closest dealer to me had one just like I wanted but it had the charcoal interier and I liked the Cafe Latte so much better I drove an extra hour to a dealer that had the same exact MO but with the Cafe Latte interier. Thay also knocked an extra $30 off for my drive. Either way I'm sure you'll be happy.:cool:

·
5,100 Posts
Thats why both Blonds and Brunettes are popular.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Well said Grip...no word from the Redheads though!

·
5,100 Posts
WO WO :5:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts