Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about others' experiences with cafe latte leather interior. I'm looking to buy a MO and the overwhelming number of in-stock vehicles have cafe latte interior - admittedly a classy color but I'm thinking it must be a nightmare to keep clean. Seems like just everyday driving would discolor the steering wheel leather. My experience right now with a new 04 Accord with light tan seats is that they are turning dark from clothing. Somewhere else in this forum someone mentioned their belts were staining their MO's latte seat backs. Any advise, experiences before I buy? I don't mind doing the maintenance but I don't want the interior to look dirty all the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took a MO with Cafe Latte for an extended test drive. My kids/dog got the interior so dirty within seconds that I rejected the idea of Cafe Latte and got Charcoal instead. My kids/dog got the Charcoal interior dirty so fast, it would make your head spin.

Cafe Latte showed all the dirt, but so does the Charcoal. I drove home from the dealer in the evening, got in the car in the morning and said, "Who got their muddy foot prints all over the back of the seat?"

So much for that new car razzle dazzle.

FWIW

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
We seem to have two threads on the same subject??? This is what I said on the other thread.

Light is lovely, IMHO hard to keep clean, I have had White(believe it or not), Glove butter, Dove Grey, Black and Charchol. Also ranked in order of ease of maintenance.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
IMO latte stays cleaner because you can see the dirt and clean it up. On Charcoal, dirt is still there but you don't see it to wipe it off! Hence. Latte ends up being cleaner!!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Damn I thought I was getting away with something.:p

·
4,601 Posts
They both have problems in different ways. I had the Latte interior in my Maxima and scuff marks and dark dirt would show up, as well as the leather seats starting to show some discoloration, but not severe, from two winters of my black leather coat.

The Charcoal shows every little speck of fluff and lint more than the Latte, as well as showing dust on the dashboard much more.

So neither is perfect. I would have gone for the Latte, but felt the dashboard was too light and didn't want the reflection off the glass. My Maxima had a darker dashboard, so it didn't suffer from the problem as much.

So neither is ideal... And I like them both. I like the Latte better for the leather interior, than I do for the black. I found the Murano's seats too plain in leather, especially in black. The cloth looks a bit like suede, so I really liked it in the black, er sorry charcoal.

Just my experience and opinion. Get what you like and don't worry about it...

·
Registered
114 Posts
The quality of the leather on the MO, whatever be the color is pretty good. The leather is very resilient. Some time back, I bought some stuff at home depot which made a dent (did not tear though) on the back seat leather. It was a pretty deep dent. The dent disappeared after I wiped that area with leather wipes a couple of times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts