Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed in a members pf that he had an injen CAI installed on his murano? :eek: is that for real? if so, how is the intake? any difference in sound? power? overall feel?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I didnt think they had one just yet...

From my experience with any aftermarket intake, is that most gains are at the upper RPM range. When I'm city driving, my RPMs dont generally go above 3,000 RPM because of the CVT. I don't think one would be all that beneficial to this car....it could though...you never know!;)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dookie makes a good point - an intake primarily yields gains in the upper end of the revband. The CVT makes it so hard to rev the motor high that it would not make an intake very useful.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
You guys sound like you drive like old ladies. :eek: :) I would find an intake useful.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
You guys sound like you drive like old ladies. :eek: :) I would find an intake useful.
Actually I had an intake, ypipe, the works etc.. on my 97 Maxima. It was great, although I never forgot I was driving a 4 door family sedan (despite Nissan's insistence that its a "4-door sports car"). But the Murano is a different type of vehicle. I have been reading with some measure of bemusement how people purchase a $35,000 crossover and want to turn it into a sports car by dropping in a manual or somehow getting AWD lock to function at all speeds. C'mon there are better sports cars you can get if thats what you want (the RX8 and WRX Sti comes to mind).

I must drive like an old lady since I get 15mpg on 93 octane!
:4:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I think that CAI is a good idea. Heck, its one more option thats available for us that we didnt have before.

I think that it all comes down to this: It's your car/crossover/suv. Do whatever you want to it. Regardless of what you do there is always going to be someone who doesn't like your idea. Does it matter...heck no. Enjoy your car, make it what you want. If I did everything to my car that I wanted to I would have to find some way to shove an entire best buy into an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, but unfortunately thats not very possible so I drive my MO, do what mods I want/can afford, and smile every moment because its all mine! :2:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Eric L. said:
OUCH! I checked today and I’m getting 20mpg, mixed driving.

Originally posted by Snow MO

I think that it all comes down to this: It's your car/crossover/suv. Do whatever you want to it. Regardless of what you do there is always going to be someone who doesn't like your idea. Does it matter...heck no. Enjoy your car, make it what you want. If I did everything to my car that I wanted to I would have to find some way to shove an entire best buy into an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, but unfortunately thats not very possible so I drive my MO, do what mods I want/can afford, and smile every moment because its all mine!
You hit it bang on. I drive an SUV because I have difficulty getting in and out of a sports car. Yes, I would rather have a sports car, and yes, I could probably do things to make it a possibility. But at the moment, I own an SUV, and I would like it to be as good a performer as possible.

Besides my everlasting desire to tweak things!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eric L. said:

Actually I had an intake, ypipe, the works etc.. on my 97 Maxima. It was great, although I never forgot I was driving a 4 door family sedan (despite Nissan's insistence that its a "4-door sports car"). But the Murano is a different type of vehicle. I have been reading with some measure of bemusement how people purchase a $35,000 crossover and want to turn it into a sports car by dropping in a manual or somehow getting AWD lock to function at all speeds. C'mon there are better sports cars you can get if thats what you want (the RX8 and WRX Sti comes to mind).

lol, hey that guy that wanted to drop a MT into the MO was me! haha i love my car but it just doesn't feel right with the CVT. i mean it's great that the tranny is so smooth and i never have to search for rpm's, but god.. IT'S NOT FAST ENUFF for me.. haha and i know you might be saying.. buy a sports car then.. i luv the MO haha but it juss needs more power and i want to be able to have a lil more control over the powerband as well as my car. maybe im just some dumb guy with a dream but one day my dream will be realized! haha, jp. i'd love to have a MT MO though, i was opting for a 350z but when it came down to it, the MO just fit my lifestyle so much better. i had to settle, but why not bring some of the 350z feel into my murano?:4:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Eric L. said:

For whoever has the AWD for all the time figured, I would like to see the plans because I can ll but guarantee that the rear differential cant take the excessive speeds...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
b4dk42m4 said:
i want to be able to have a lil more control over the powerband as well as my car.
Well, when accelerating, the CVT gives you more control than a MT would. I can keep my RPMs right on the torque peak from 0-115mph. What MT can do that?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Dookie said:

For whoever has the AWD for all the time figured, I would like to see the plans because I can all but guarantee that the rear differential cant take the excessive speeds...
How do you know this?

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you have the AWD on, it automatically disengages at 15mph. At any speed above that, it would only come on to correct wheel skidding but it doesn't stay engaged for extended periods of time. Have you looked at how small that rear diff. is? It's tiny; there's no way it can sustain constant speeds like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts