Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you ever use the california water blade to remove the water after washing the car??? The website selling it claims that it won't scratch the car's paint because it's made of soft medical grade silicone.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Tch

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have one and have used it. But now I don't. If you get a piece of sand or dirt on the edge, you could scratch the paint.

But it does work good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried one afew times but found that it was faster using towels. I probably didn't takeenough time to develope the technique in using it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have one for each of my cars. It is a fantastic product and works much better than a squeegee, since you can use it on any surface. I find it actually speeds up the drying time, since I don't soak up the towel drying up the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always use one but I hate the sound it makes. I live in a quiet neighborhood and the sound echos around our place. ;)

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
if its rigid, it can harm the coating EASILY....

the knappo of terrycloth towls (the ends of the loops of fibers) can/will also swirl your paint out , eventually....

the BEST item i have used (an continue to) is the "absorber", and it is a rubber-like 2' x 3' pad that you use very similar to a chamoi....

machine washable too..... about 10-15$ at pepboys, auto zone, etc......

·
Registered
51 Posts
esemes said:
...the BEST item i have used (an continue to) is the "absorber", and it is a rubber-like 2' x 3' pad that you use very similar to a chamoi....

machine washable too..... about 10-15$ at pepboys, auto zone, etc......
I second that recommendation!

I also do a final rinse with the nozzle off of the hose. With a good coat of wax on the paint most of the water kind of just sheets off that way and you don't have much left to dry.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"I also do a final rinse with the NOZZLE OFF OF THE HOSE. With a good coat of wax on the paint most of the water kind of just sheets off that way and you don't have much left to dry."

Exactly. good tip.
Just remember to cut the water way back. just above a trickle is fine and then sweep the car with the water.
As Jbar says, almost all the water will sheet off that car.

Good tip Jbar.:D

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Enforcer said:
Learn something everyday. Thanks.

OK, now for a couple dumb questions. What causes water spots and are they always white?

the minerals (or imputiries/acids) in the water is left behind, drying/staining on the surface (or subsurface)........

my bet the white-ish deposits are either chlorine (from the hose) or other minerals (from rainshowers)

sms

so where are the dumb questions you were talkin about, ENF??

lol

(no dumb questions, jus dumb answers, myself inclusive)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Minerals in the water is my understanding. Supposedly you can filter your car wash water and reduce or even eliminate the minerals that leave those nasty spots.

I just wash fast, rinse quickly and keep the car wet with fresh rinse water all the way around. The california water blade does make the drying process much quicker especially on a vehicle the size of the Murano.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
jbar said:

Learned that one over at miata.net
I haven't been over there recently.
Sold my 99 Miata in 2001 and haven't had much reason.

Are they/you at all concerned for the future of the Miata?
I know sales are WAY down.

Homer

PS - purist(s) or not they have to
1- Make it a bit bigger= 6" longer 4" wider.
2- put in a rortary - or at least 180HP somehow - as an option
3- seriously consider a coupe.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
hfelknor said:

I haven't been over there recently.
Sold my 99 Miata in 2001 and haven't had much reason.

Are they/you at all concerned for the future of the Miata?
I know sales are WAY down.

Homer

PS - purist(s) or not they have to
1- Make it a bit bigger= 6" longer 4" wider.
2- put in a rortary - or at least 180HP somehow - as an option
3- seriously consider a coupe.

ever experience the 5.0 miata??? i had a neighbor that was a purist miata fan, and took the trip to testdrive one.....

said it wasnt practical, and made the cars' cart-like handling ruined.....

still sounds like fun, if you start off in second........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Miata

After a failed attempt to buy a used 99 a couple of years ago, I picked up a new 02 base model last spring.
I'm happy with it the way it is (except for the clutch shudder which recently started to get worse) so while I am interested in it's future I'm not really too concerned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts