Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about the Intelligent Key on the Murano. I keep my cars in my garage and I usually leave the keys in them. So, I wanted to know if I left the intelligent key in the car when it was parked if it would drain the battery, or if I needed to removed it from the "hot" zone inside the car.

So I call the 800 customer service number and when the person answers the phone, I can immediately tell that the person on the other end is Indian. As with most cases of outsourcing to India, I have some difficulty understanding what the person on the other end is saying and they are clearly having problems understanding me. I ask my question, and of course the person on the other end has no idea what the intelligent key is.

For half the conversation, he thinks I am asking if the battery of the car will drain if I leave the key in it. Then he finally figures out I am talking about the key fob, and tells me the battery will only drain if I hit the buttons. He obviously has no idea what the intelligent key is or what it does. He then asks me to explain what it is. At this point I am so fed up that I ask if there is a supervisor that can help me. His reply? Someone can call me back in a couple of days!

So, needless to say, I am :3:!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
shappy0869 said:
...I keep my cars in my garage and I usually leave the keys in them....
Dear frustrated....:D

A neighbor of mine also parked his cars in his garage with the keys in them......until one day late night after he got home he was so tired he accidently left the garage door open....

By morning both of his cars were gone......

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not too worried about that. I live in a gated community that has had not even one break-in in the five years I have lived there.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Pretty good car.
Lousy company.

Homer

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An Update!

So I had the idea of calling Infiniti customer service since the FX has the same key.

Not surprisingly, I spoke to someone in the USA who knew about the intelligent key and she told me they have had no indication that leaving it in the car will drain the battery any faster than removing it.

I guess if you pay extra for the Infiniti, you do indeed get better service!

I have nothing against outsourcing or anyone from India, I just wish that if they are going to outsource, that the people they have answering the phones are well trained, informed and have good communication skills.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
shappy0869-

I think Homer hit the nail right on the head...

Pretty good car.

Lousy company.

After spending $35,000 or $40,000 on a car is it too much to ask that the customer support personnel are knowledgeable of the products they are assigned to support?

-njjoe

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know a very small drain on a car battery in cold weather is better then zero drain to keep the battery healthy.

My intelligent key is 24/7 in my car hidden deep under my dash so I can use my remote starter, and I don't think its doing ANYTHING until you turn your ignition, or in my case remote start my car.

And if not, buy a set of jumper-cables ... you've got two cars!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: An Update!

Originally posted by shappy0869 I have nothing against outsourcing or anyone from India, I just wish that if they are going to outsource, that the people they have answering the phones are well trained, informed and have good communication skills.
I deal with Customer Service many times a week(I work in the computer field), I think I've only gotten 2 people from India that knew what they needed to know and how to help me when taking my call and the rest!!!?

The rest of them makes your statement into an Oxymoron "Indian Customer Service".... unless you speak Indian

:3:

Then again, when you get someone in the USA, 99% of the time, unless you're buying something, the person answering the phone is reading off a sheet of paper on "How to trouble-shoot problems", with a list of steps and if your problem is not listed they don't have a single clue (hell they don't even understand WHAT they're reading to you!).

BUT there is normally a second level of techs that wrote the trouble-shooting pages for the first level that you can be transfered too.

THIS is what they need in India, people that can speak English, and read "How to trouble-shoot problems" ... with a second level of "HelpDesk" staff that you can be transfered to.

and one last thing, your statement, "I have nothing against outsourcing" ... yeah when they outsource YOUR JOB I'll bet you change your tune!

outsourcing sucks! :4:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Soon the indian will become more expensive to hire, and Nissan will outsource to the Zoo. You will get a quick response from trained chimpanzee to handle your calls.

I guess the indian is not so bad after all huh~

NZM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Leaving the key in the 'hot zone' will drain the battery in the key faster than if it is not left there. I think this is actually stated in the manual.

Funny how Larry from New Delhi doesn't know this though... And Infiniti got it wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts