Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few days, we have found quite a few Singapore MO owners in this forum. In order not to hijack threads that are intended for a specific topic, I have created this thread for all Singapore MO related topics.

Here is a run down on the Singapore MO owner so far:

tallan - black with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
marc5 - Black with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
r300emy - Black with sunroof (from Hycarz) - got his car
sgpmo - Copper with sunroof (from TC) - waiting
nick.sg - platinum (from Vin Car) - waiting
chimpanzee - Black w/no sunroof (from TC) - waiting

I would assume everyone is getting a 2.5L since the road tax here is so expensive. Let me know if my assumption is wrong.

Cheers.

Search words: Singapore Tan Chong Hycarz Vin Car Bukit Timah Ubi LTA Onemotoring COE

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tallan said:

---------------------------

well i know what you mean....wanna maintain abit of that exclusivity.
...but honestly i reckon that we'll all be "taxi" drivers if the initial number of orders told by my SE is anything to go by....already 300+!

so where's this klasse place? website? how much?
i understand that zaino is suppose to give the "wettest" look for dark coloured cars.
the effect would not be so evident for light coloured ones....

incidentally, are you getting any solar film from TC?
my SE recommended thermal guard, don't know good or not.
You can go to Klasse Web Site to take a look. They are in Bukit Batok Unity Centre. Klasse came highly recommended by the MCF forumers

My SE told me last week there are around 100+ confirmed buyers so how come it has grow so fast? :eek:

As for solar film, I am looking at 3M. The top-of-the-range performance package is around $1,150 with free tailor made 3M Nomad floor mat. V-Kool/Huper Optics will be higher than $1,150. Did you get the thermal guard as freebie?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MO Delivery Date

This seems to be a constantly changing figure from my SE. When I signed the agreement in late July, the date was late August/early September. A couple of weeks later when I returned from the States with all the MO accessories, he told me it will be mid-september. As time get closer, the date keep changing. Last week during the MO launch, the new date is October 9th. I was told that TC will officially launch Murano on that day. So, I guess the delivery date is anyone's guess :3:

·
Registered
31 Posts
chimpanzee said:
You can go to Klasse Web Site to take a look. They are in Bukit Batok Unity Centre. Klasse came highly recommended by the MCF forumers

My SE told me last week there are around 100+ confirmed buyers so how come it has grow so fast? :eek:

As for solar film, I am looking at 3M. The top-of-the-range performance package is around $1,150 with free tailor made 3M Nomad floor mat. V-Kool/Huper Optics will be higher than $1,150. Did you get the thermal guard as freebie?
-------------

i've bargained real hard for it and the SE must have finally relented.....or else no need to go home.
anyway, haven't heard much about this thermal guard....not very confident about its effectiveness, may very well ask the SE to do vkool or huper for couple bucks more.
you might wanna get your SE to do the solar film, they usually have lobang, it'll save you a tonne!

why 3M? is it better than vkool or huper?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, i bargained kinda hard, and i got them to give me an option of vkool or huper, to be decided at a later time, prob go for huper. unless i decide otherwise

·
Registered
31 Posts
marc5 said:
Well, i bargained kinda hard, and i got them to give me an option of vkool or huper, to be decided at a later time, prob go for huper. unless i decide otherwise
that's good!
vkool or huper is better than this thermal guard (unheard of.....).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tallan said:

-------------

i've bargained real hard for it and the SE must have finally relented.....or else no need to go home.
anyway, haven't heard much about this thermal guard....not very confident about its effectiveness, may very well ask the SE to do vkool or huper for couple bucks more.
you might wanna get your SE to do the solar film, they usually have lobang, it'll save you a tonne!

why 3M? is it better than vkool or huper?
3M has very similar spec as V-Kool and Huper Optics. I have installed the 3M solar film in my house and it is very effective so I have no problem with using their film on my car. I have Huper on my current ride and it is also effective. I felt that V-Kool and Huper have spent more on advertisment so you can expect to pay for that marketing costs as compare to 3M car film which is relative new and try to establish itself in Singapore.

I never did push my SE on giving freebies as he might realized that I am very keen in getting the car. Once they realized that, you lose all the bargaining power.

IMO, they cannot afford to give you V-Kool FOC as the cost of that will be in the $1k range. One word of caution on asking SE to install V-Kool/Huper: Make sure you are there when they install the film. Check and double check on the film they use, they might be putting a lower grade film on your car. It is very hard to distinguish between them unless you are pros in that industry. Consider top-up to get what you want so you won't regret it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
marc5 said:
V-Kool is metalic base and Huper is cermanic base. You will have to cut a hole at the In-Car ERP unit if you use V-Kool. Given the chocie between the two, I will go for Huper as well but in Singapore V-Kool is more famous between the two.

·
Registered
101 Posts
chimpanzee said:
V-Kool is metalic base and Huper is cermanic base. You will have to cut a hole at the In-Car ERP unit if you use V-Kool. Given the chocie between the two, I will go for Huper as well but in Singapore V-Kool is more famous between the two.

Hi Chimp,

Another solar films brand to consider, LLUMAR films (www.llumar.com). Make their onw films, not like vKool, OEMed. I'm considering this brand. Looking at the spec, TSER (total solar energy rejection), comparable to vKool films at cheaper price. Wrote to the agent in S'pore, there are stores here:
Sun-E Asia @ 6286 9028, Another at Upper Serangoon @ 6288 8323. Visited Sun-E Asia, quoted me the best package (package 5) including sunroof at $800 after 20% discount.

I called vKool Bukit Timah, asked for the best combination films, V75 (front) & V40 (rear), quoted me $1700. The salesgirl must be nuts!!

Cheers..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the sales girl don't know what she is talking about so she quoted you the highest price. The $1.7k is for those huge MPV with two additional pane of windows. I have also went to Bt. Timah V-Kool and the sales said they do not have a price list on MO yet but I have seen their price list on RX300, the package that you mentioned is around $1.4k. I will get a 10% discount with my AA card but I am still not too happy with their price and that's why I was looking at 3M.

The other factor to consider on solar film is the skill of the person who put them on. You should take this into consideration when you make the final decision.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sgpmo

Just talked to the V-Kool guy in Bt. Timah this aftenoon. Confirm the most ex. package is @$1.45k for V-Kool and $1.5k for Huper Optics. The same as RX300. If you have AA card, there is a 10% discount on it. At the moment, no promotion...

An update from my SE yesterday, my MO should be ready first week of October. Hope there is no more delays...

·
my old ride...now on mo:)
57 Posts
hey guys...maybe we should storm into the bukit timah place with all our cars n ask for a hugh discount for group buy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
first week of october? hmm, well, my sales exec told me last week that the coe is bidded. so you think my could be not long after yours?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
marc

I've got my COE in early August. The SE told me my MO should be the 1st batch TC is bringing in. The official launch is around October 9th so they expect the first batch of MOs to go out just slightly before the launch.

TC is still struggling with how/where best to install that extra LCD screen in order not to have too bad of a glare to the driver. The reverse camera and GPS are all locally fitted.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
r300emy said:
hey guys...maybe we should storm into the bukit timah place with all our cars n ask for a hugh discount for group buy.
We can try to do a group buy but I doubt we can get even 5. This is usually the no. that they will consider giving reasonable discount. i.e. install 4 and get the 5th one free so if we divide up the savings, it should be around 20%.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: sgpmo

chimpanzee said:
Just talked to the V-Kool guy in Bt. Timah this aftenoon. Confirm the most ex. package is @$1.45k for V-Kool and $1.5k for Huper Optics. The same as RX300. If you have AA card, there is a 10% discount on it. At the moment, no promotion...

An update from my SE yesterday, my MO should be ready first week of October. Hope there is no more delays...
Hi Chimp,

Thanks for the update. Is this package using the VK75 & VK40 films?
I think I'll go for Llumar films, the heat rejection only few percent lower than VK75 & VK40, at almost 40% lower price. The only risk will be workmanship. But I think should be ok due to only 2 stores in S'pore installing. Not like vKool, many store & some staff may not be well train

Cheers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey spgmo, do keep us update on the workmanship of the shop.

We should plan to meetup once we all get our MOs. such a long wait...:23:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
marc

I've got my COE in early August. The SE told me my MO should be the 1st batch TC is bringing in. The official launch is around October 9th so they expect the first batch of MOs to go out just slightly before the launch.

TC is still struggling with how/where best to install that extra LCD screen in order not to have too bad of a glare to the driver. The reverse camera and GPS are all locally fitted.

·
my old ride...now on mo:)
57 Posts
hey guys...how about meet up for lunch tomorrow... then we k tok more about how to doll up our cars..:)

1 - 20 of 301 Posts