Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and here is my story... For those of you who bought a 2004 Murano SL AWD Silver Touring package Black leather interior check your VIN.

I've always wondered about what happened to my original MO. My hubby and I bought 2 MOs at the same time (11/03). We were given the red carpet treatment but something went wrong. Dealer insisted for us to take delivery same day but it was getting late at night so my husband decline to take delivery. Since he is a BIG stickler on (scratch, nicks and what not..) he insisted that we take delivery in broad daylight so he can check for it.

Sure enough my Silver MO have a dent. Dealer told me it can easily be fixed (by a dent pro) and have it documented. To make story short we took Silver MO home pending on having the dent fixed. I showed it off in the office and sure enough my Boss noticed the dent. He have our professional painter in staff take a look at it (mind you this guy worked for GM for 15 years in the auto body). He took a look at it and said return it. The reason is.... the dent is located on a rigid part of the door that it cannot be fixed without using invasive treatment. My officemate suggested that I return it or have the door removed and replaced altogether. I hated the fact that my MOs 2 day old MO's door will be removed and replaced at that.

They very next day I went to the dealership (mind you I dressed my part to have a meeting with those big wigs). I demanded that they take back the MO and give me a new one. Of course they tried to talk me out of it... but I have the upper hand finance wise since I paid cash for it (from my Homeowners line of credit so I threathened to cancel the check right then and there).

They agreed to give me a new one from the lot, but it's a hell of paperwork to go through for the changeover. I remember turning it in with 54 miles on it. Oddly enough the General Manager that authorized the changeover was no longer there the very next day of the incident.

I always wondered though if they fixed the dent and put it back on the lot without disclosing what happened. Can it still be considered new?: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
In most states as long as a car has not been registered, it can be classified as new. Dents, scratches, and minor repairs are often part of "dealer prep" job and go on all the time. It is my understanding that if a major part bearing the VIN# is replaced (and a door does have the VIN# on it), then it needs to be disclosed. It woudd still be new though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts