Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the VDC package, but I do NOT want the touring package (looking at the SE model). According to all sites (nissanusa, carsdirect, consumerreports, etc) you MUST get the touring package in order to get the VDC package.

There does not seem to be a reason for this requirement other than business decisions from Nissan (let's make them pay for a full touring package to get this option).

My question is this: Is it possible to order a Murano with the VDC but without the touring package? Can the VDC package be installed after-market, or does it HAVE to be done at the factory at the time of the build?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

~ Corin

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you. As an owner of 03 MO SL with VDC, who was in similar predicament, had to get Sunroof, leather and premium package to get the VDC.

Yes I am sure it is a marketing decision, as there is no dependent technology you are buying with the package.

As to after market, or getting it installed later from Nissan, I'll just say anything is possible, if you are willing to spend the money.

It will probably cost you twice the amount of money later than the package you are trying to avoid. So think of it as a bargain ;)
and get the package that you have to get.

And I would not buy a car without VDC, ever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
VDC/Touring

If your buying the SE why not just get ALL the options available?

that's what its aboutZ! boo-ya!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: VDC/Touring

pat said:
If your buying the SE why not just get ALL the options available?
that's what its aboutZ! boo-ya!
Incorrect. The SE has the sport suspension and "manual mode" which is why I want the SE. Handles better than the SL (although you get a stiffer ride with it as well so it's a trade-off). I refuse to get the touring package because I don't want leather (not to mention the fact that the options in the package aren't worth the price).

It irritates me that options like VDC and TPMS can only be included if you have all the needless bells and whistles. Those are features that you should be able to add to a base model.

~ Corin

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Corin..i concure...

Toyota Rav4 and hilander, is not coomparable to murano in terms of ride quality. However, the vdc (stability and traction control) comes standard.

No vdc in base level murano is a complete turn off, that is one thing that i dont really like about my murano so far.

One can spend the money to get the premium, stability package or the other options...but it will be nice to have the base model with the vdc for people like me. (who got the base SL awd model).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts