Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted, but can the key fob close the windows after you leave the car? I know it can open the windows by holding down the unlock key. Tried it with the lock key, and it doesn't work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No sir, it does not. Would be cool though if it did.

·
Registered
243 Posts
However, as a consolation, if you did not already know, you can close all the windows using the key and holding it in locked position to close the open windows.

·
Registered
81 Posts
What? So the key fob does close all the open windows if you hold the lock button? Or do you need to do it with the key using the keyhole on the door?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
zoo_b said:
What? So the key fob does close all the open windows if you hold the lock button? Or do you need to do it with the key using the keyhole on the door?
Not the fob, you can close the windows by sticking the key in the door keyhole and turning (and holding) it to the left (or maybe the right). I think not allowing remote closure is a safety issue, you know, a poodles head could be stuck there and....:behead:

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
The key in the door thing only works for the front windows, based on my experience.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oh really? Have to try that out sometime. What about the sunroof? Does that close to with this feature?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Actually, turning the key in one direction and holding it there, opens the windows. The other direction closes the windows (on the 04's anyway)

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
MVTCFP said:
I think not allowing remote closure is a safety issue, you know, a poodles head could be stuck there and....:behead:
Wait, you say that like it's a bad thing... :22:

~ Corin

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
AsI understand it, one way to stop the window rattle is to put a poodle's head in it.
I believe that that is covered in a TDB.
A TDB is a Technical Doggie Bulletin, I think.

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
hfelknor said:
AsI understand it, one way to stop the window rattle is to put a poodle's head in it.
I believe that that is covered in a TDB.
A TDB is a Technical Doggie Bulletin, I think.

Homer
Homer....

you need to step out of the sun for a few mins....

lol

-eS

ps- there's an anti-pinch mechanism to help keep fido capitated....

·
Registered
42 Posts
What's funny is that I read that and thought "Great Feature!".

My dog somehow managed to roll up the window in my wife's civic while his head was out of it. We were driving merrily down the road when he started yelping like mad. Total panic for all of us for a few moments but he was fine. Not good times. Now we always child-lock the windows once we get them down enough for him to stick his head out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Close windows....

theres a mod to allow the fob to raise the windows

and close the moonie........

So first I would like to know what kind of mod I need to get this done...
Since I don't have kids or dogs :)

So this might be the problem that my windows sometimes are open if I return to the car afer working at a customers office which is close to the car. My pocket presses on the open key on the keyfob...?? I have read people who had the same problem but can't find it on the forum anymore...

Pim

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not yet! But I have put on my list to add asap.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
It sounds like it will activate a relay for up to eight seconds. I guess this eight second period can be used for anything. Roll the windows up for eight seconds (I suppose the safety feature of the window motor would take over and shut the power off if window closes sooner than eight seconds) or turn on the ignition and get the starter going for eight seconds.....grrrrrrrrrrrind!

BTW, do you use one for each door or you can use one and wire to all four doors?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts