Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the OEM roof rail cross bars installed in my 2015 platinum (with sunroof) back when it was new. I'm tired of the added wind noise and having to constantly clean the bugs off them, so I'd like to remove them until I need them.

I know part of the installation of the cross bars involves cutting out a piece of the roof rail. That piece originally had a bolt in it, presumably holding the roof rail down. Now that that piece has been removed, the cross bar is attached through that spot, still holding down the roof rail. Without the cross bars, wouldn't the roof rail now be loose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Murano Platinum blue/brown
17 Posts
Yeah, you can remove them. The piece they cut out is just one of I think 4 bolt locations. The remaining bolts are more than a enough to keep your rails from flying off the car. Hope you kept the snap in covers or you'll have 4 open holes in your rails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, good. Thank you! I didn't want to try pulling them up, as I know you're supposed to replace all the clips each time. I do have the covers that the dealer gave me in a bag, so I can put those back on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts