Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know any audio installers that would have access to clarions CeNet Pinout diagram? I have a theory that it has all of the pins of the Murano's sat connector from Jaak's website with two additional pins carrying a + and - voltage to power the remote units. My hope is to add to the Murano's audio connectivity options by using CeNet compatible equipment.

·
4,664 Posts
I thought the same thing, but don't have the pinout, nor any clarion CeNet devices to compare.

If it was compatible, that would be a lot of fun!!!

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, I searched everywhere too......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a feeling that they don't want people to know the pinout, but without the protocol the pinout won't do other manufacturers any good. I don't see why the pinout would be proprietary unless they don't want 3rd parties to make cables.

I would think that a car stereo repair shop would have access to the information. Does anyone know anyone at a shop that services Clarion gear.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Well, the PhatBox works, or should... I've been talking to a guy that just installed it in his G35. They're working on the code though, as he had to eject all his CD's for it to be recognised.......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jaak, do you know if they were able to get text information with the phatbox, or just like a non text CD changer with CD number Track number? At one time Phatnoise was working with Clarion on a CeNET version of the Phatbox that would allow text information to CeNET devices, but it looks like this died or something as I can not find any other info on it.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm not sure, I'll ask. Unfortunately the G has a dinky little display, not the big one we have.... So even if it does, it would be limited.

If you really want a PhatBox, call them and ask them what they can do now and what they're working on. I know they've got different firmware loads, as there was discussion of trying the SAT emulation instead of the CD changer emulation on the G...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts