Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock OEM tuner and single CD and I have to say that the FM tuner is the worst I have ever heard. Stations that are normally rock solid are full of static!!

I'm wondering if the bose unit has better electronics and could easily be swapped out to the factory head unit?

Anybody upgrade to aftermarket and want to sell their bose if that's the case??

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am thinking it is not as easy as it appears. It all depends on how the stock stereo fits compared to the Bose system. I can't reference one for comparison, but maybe someone else can put more input. There is a circuit board behind the front stereo panel that is cut out to fit the Bose Head unit. So replacing the stock might involve replacing the front panel? and maybe wiring? Just my input... I replaced my Bose system and because of the design of the circuit board I could not replace the stereo nice and neatly in the same spot. I had to have my new stereo squeezed in some place else. :(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I am uncertain if the standard stereo uses a separate amp in the trunk like the Bose does. If it does not (and historically only Bose equipped Nissans have the separate amp), then it will be difficult to upgrade to Bose.

There is a TSB out for adjusting the antenna to improve radio reception. Might want to ask your dealer about it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I read abou the TSB.

Seems that it tightens the bolt on the antenna. I have a hard time believing that will totally fix the problem but I guess I should try.

I'd hate to take it in for that though. I don't trust the dealers work!

Does anybody know how to remove the map light assemby? It looks like the bolt it under that

·
Registered
542 Posts
simple you free sometime this week, I still want to see your stereo install. Wednesday or Thursday maybe? whenever is good for you. I am still tryin to figure out what to do with my system.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Either day would be fine. I am will be on the other side of the bay around 2:30-3PM if you know where the Marina is maybe we can meet there of some drinks at a local bar :7: and prepare for the drive home :roadtrip:

·
Registered
542 Posts
what marina are you talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey you guys know how to get the maplight assembly out and if I can tighten the bolt with regular tools.

I have no idea what a crow's feet wrench is!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Crows foot wrench is just the head of the wrench with a square hole in it so you can drive it with a ratchet.

If you have to have one I find harbor freight is a good place to pick up cheap tools that you need for just one job and don't want to spend a fortune on.

Here is a picture:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=47928

Couldn't find exactly what you are looking for.

Thx,
Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts