Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a wrecked MO in a local salvage yard that has the nav system in-tact, and I was wondering if I could swap my non-nav with a nav, and would everything still work like it should? Any input would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
From what I could tell, Murano Service Manual (which you must get if you do not have it already) does not show a different wiring harness for a car with navigation. However, I would still get all wiring harnesses that are attached to the navigation components if they can be unpluged from the main harness. I would also get the VIN# and date of manufacture of the wrecked car if you ever have to reference it.

Have you been able to negotiate a price yet?

·
4,664 Posts
The wiring's not all there, so if they'll let you pull as much of it as you can, you're in business. At the least, get the connectors with a few inches of it.

While the harness looks fine in the manual, they didn't put in all the wires, if there was no nav...

So... Does it have TPMS?:22:

·
Registered
265 Posts
From my understanding of the high cost of doing this is the fact of not only the re-wiring but the placement of the GPS sensors. (all labor). Wouldn't you have to pull the GPS sensors also for the NAV to work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts