Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was up in Seattle this past week, and noticed that the fog lights from Murano's with canadian license plates are always on (basically daytime running lights). A bit of searching the forum, and sure enough, that's the way it is.

Anyone looked into re-wiring their MO to be like the canadians? I'd like to have my fog lights on anytime the vehicle is running.

-marius

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
That would be nice.... or if you find a way to rewire them to work off the parking lights instead of the headlights that would be great too.

Please let me know if a solution is found.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have done this on mine. Took two relays and five wiring connections, all in the BCM cable. Fogs are on any time headlights are off; work normally with headlights on. I have HID headlights, and it seems to me that the fogs do virtually nothing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More detail?

ekaxel said:
I have done this on mine. Took two relays and five wiring connections, all in the BCM cable. Fogs are on any time headlights are off; work normally with headlights on. I have HID headlights, and it seems to me that the fogs do virtually nothing.
Mind giving out some more detail on this?

-marius

·
Registered
52 Posts
Details would be great! I've owned american cars with DRL up until I bought my MO, I miss having DRL. That's the only thing I don't like about the MO.. It would be awesome to fix it Like you've done, ekaxel.

-tkris
2003 SE-AWD, all but Nav.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Fogs for Running lights

Has anyone found out exactly how to set up your fog lights to be the DRL's. Info please Don:confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
In Canada its a mandated requirement for all vehicles to have daytime running lights and has been for more years than I can remember. In the USA it is not.

However when first introduced here, I recall many Canadians driving south encountered problems in some States whose Highway Code did not allow headlights to be on during the day!! At that time virtually all DRLs, as I recall, simply used the low beam filament in the headlight but with a resistor in the circuit to reduce the wattage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts