Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Murano owner. I am not a fan of the Murano's headlights; they just aren't bright enough for me. My last car was a Mazda CX-5 and it came with LED headlights that were awesome at night! Is it possible to install LED headlights in the Murano? I called a local Nissan dealer to ask that question a couple weeks ago and I was told no; they can only use halogen lights and they can't just put LED lights in it. Is this true? Does it require some kind of conversion kit to make this possible?

·
Administrator
9,657 Posts
I'm a new Murano owner. I am not a fan of the Murano's headlights; they just aren't bright enough for me. My last car was a Mazda CX-5 and it came with LED headlights that were awesome at night! Is it possible to install LED headlights in the Murano? I called a local Nissan dealer to ask that question a couple weeks ago and I was told no; they can only use halogen lights and they can't just put LED lights in it. Is this true? Does it require some kind of conversion kit to make this possible?
The LEDs may help a little bit, but light is the result of the reflector and the lens. Most of the newer cars have reflectors designed for looks, now performance.

Nissan dealers will ONLY tell you what the manufacturer says. They don't research, stock, sell or endorse aftermarket lights. Same goes for all other aftermarket parts - don't ask a dealer.

Yes, you have options but don't expect miracles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They have all the led goodies anyone is dreaming of. Have fun and don't blind me while I'm driving at night :).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2015 and I just went to an auto parts store bought LED lights that I was able to just unplug and replug. Probably took less than 30 minutes and the light at night is so much better. Well worth the approximate $100 it took to buy the lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I bought a kit at the Retrofit Source and did it myself several years ago to my 2012 Murano. Took about 45 minutes to install from scratch and I don't normally work on my cars. You are looking at around $120 and the difference is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have 2 Muranos: 14 & 19. I've also had 2 "07's. The 07's had the high intensity lights and were wonderful! (The lights also had an adjustment for towing so that I could raise or lower them to my liking). The 19 has LED's but not the '14. I bought aftermarket plug & play lights for it and the difference is startling. Not only are they bright as hell, they have the well-defined line between light and no light (good for oncoming drivers). Attached are the ones I purchased. The installation is a bit of a PIA but no different than replacing standard halogens. Automotive lighting Product Gesture Automotive tire Font

·
Registered
245 Posts
I replaced the halogens on my 09. With LED’s The low beams weren’t strong enough, but the high beams are much better. They were no names from EBay. It’s best to buy led upgrade bulbs because they are made to replace halogen. I have a 16 Edge I bought upgrades for and they are great. Got from Alla lighting.
Car Automotive lighting Road surface Vehicle Asphalt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts