Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this will sound like a stupid question to many of you who are wizards in electronics, but I have to ask it anyway.

I was just wondering if you can replace the non Nav display with the color nav type or a display from, say, one of those 7 inch portable DVD players, without changing any other components in the system?

I am guessing you could probably find a way to mount it, but no, it will not display anything.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Anything is possible, but cost effective is another question. I don't think that it's a worthwhile investment unless you were willing to somehow hook it up to the existing components and then have a toggle switch that would let you toggle to your DVD player? :8:

·
4,601 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I was just wondering if you can replace the non Nav display with the color nav type or a display from, say, one of those 7 inch portable DVD players, without changing any other components in the system?
No. The monchrome display has the controller on the back. The colour one has the controller as a separate box, so at the minimum, you'd need both and even then, it might whine that it can't find the Nav.

·
4,601 Posts
Too bad, 'cause I'd like it too!

·
Registered
250 Posts
How many items would we have to change? Or? Too bad there isn't a way to display the AC and Radio information on a video screen or another.... It would be nice to be able to install my video screen there, but I need a solution for the AC and Radio display..... Any ideas Jaak?

·
4,601 Posts
Great idea, too much work to want to do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts