Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me when the Nissan MURANO will be available for sale in Ontario Cannada,Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
The orders are in... October production with deliveries starting in November. I heard pricing would be around 45K CAN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Canadian Launch

The Murano will be in Ontario showrooms at the end of November
priced between $40-50,000(CDN) depending on options

·
Registered
31 Posts
Canadian pricing is 39,500 for the SL plus 1,000 for the sunroof. The SE is 46,500 plus 3,400 for the navigation system. Ontario dealerships should have them by the last week of November.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Canadian Arrival

Does anyone know if we who live in the US could purchase a Murano from a dealer in Canada? I live in New York, and it seems to me that I would save thousands if I were to buy one in Toronto and drive it home.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Let's do the math... Considering the US dollar is worth at least 1.50 CAN, you could walk away with a nicely equipped AWD SL w/sunroof (40.5K CAN) for no more that 27K US. The same vehicle would cost over 30K in the US.

In Ontario, we have to pay 15% in federal and provincial taxes. I think the better deal is in the US ...unless you can get away without paying the taxes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Murano us up on Nissan Canada's web site with pricing and specifications.

http://www.nissan.ca/en/vehicles/murano/index.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the Bank of Canada http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/exchform.htm, the exchange rate from US Dollars to Canadian dollars is 1.58. Also, US Citizens who purchase in Canada should be able to fill out a form to get the tax back when they cross the border back to the US. That makes a fully loaded SE including NAV which costs about $50000 canadian equivalent to about $31650 US. The same configuration in the US is over $37000, a savings of over $5000.

So is anyone familiar w/ buying a car in Canada to bring back to the US? What are the downsides? I've heard that the Canadian warantee won't be honored at nissan dealers in the US. Does anyone know if it's possible to "buy" a warantee?

·
Registered
17 Posts
CDN Pricing

I'm really interested in the SE Model without the Nav system, other than list did anyone in Canada get a discount? If so, what?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts