Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Canadian Murano's come prewired for Sat Radio?

·
4,601 Posts
Yes they do, but only American citizens in the Continental US can subscribe to XM and Sirius, at this point.

Both companies have partnered with Canadian broadcasters and applied to the CRTC for permission to provide services in Canada. I see two potential stumbling blocks to this. 1) Terrestrial DAB service providers complain and attempt to block this. 2) Someone in Canada attempts to launch a competing service, that a) will have feeble content, as they won't have the subscriber base to pay for better services b) will require special hardware and as a result will be totally incompatible with embedded systems such as what Clarion provides for Nissan.

No manufacturer in their right mind is going to build for a Canadian Sat service provider, as the quantities just aren't there.

However, I am hopeful that Nissan will provide DAB receivers for the Muranos in Europe, as potentially they could be used here in Canada... So you'd get all your local FM stations, plus some, in DAB. Good in the city, sucks as soon as you go for a long drive.

Have any relatives in the US? The receivers for XM and Sirius work fine in most of Canada. Radio waves don't care about political borders. When they visit you with their receiver it will work fine... Oops. look he forgot to take it back with him. What's that? You'll get it next time? OK....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Drewmyster

Need assistance? Mybe I can Help you out. send me a PM. Grip :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke with a local automotive stereo shop selling Sirius receivers. They indicated that the manufacture would set up the service using their own US address and bill your credit card accordingly. By the way, I had also posted an inquiry on the Nissan site regarding the pre wiring of the Sat Radios. They responded saying that the Canadian versions did not come prewired. Anyway, I have been waiting for 61 days, 4 hours and 21 minutes for my special order Murano. I checked with the Dealer today and they expect delivery to still be 3 weeks away. I have been reading your great forums daily for a couple of months now, getting all these ideas I would like to try, but no MO to try them on. I hope the wait will be worth it. Thanks for the response.

·
4,994 Posts
It will be worth it>

I am interesting in if you get the Sat wire to the rear or not please post. GRIP :D

·
4,601 Posts
Well, unless they've changed it, many post '03 Canadians identified that the harness was indeed in place... Of course, the official Nissan line is going to be that it's not available in Canada, because they're not permitted to sell it. So asking them is actually pointless. They would not be allowed to answer any other way.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
how would i know if my MO has the harness in it ?

when i press the SAT button i get no SAT INFO (or something like it)

i have an '03 SE AWD version.

actually, i even tried asking my dealer and he had the same response, but one of the guys did indicated a store which uses their US address to do it.

·
4,994 Posts
Their are a couple of way I know of, One is to remove the hear unit and look and see if the cable is plugged into it.

Another is to look right next to the Bose amp in the rear. Look to the left of the amp it is usually taped to the right had of the two center support legs that hold the tire cover hing plate. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:

If you bought your '03 MO new and did not install the SAT wiring harness yourself, then you DON'T have the wiring harness. The harness didn't start coming preinstalled until the '04 model year.

Tex

·
4,994 Posts
That a good way ,my problem was that hasaanbhutta doesn't identify his MO, however i could have been less dimwitted and asked.
:1pat: Grip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SAT Harness.

I have the 05 model and love it but..

I have asked the 2 guru's here already before but am still puzzled by something.

If I have the harness going to the back of my car and I can hookup a satellite receiver to it, wouldn't it be easy to hookup the PAC to it? Won't the plug at the end of the cable to the back of my car be the same as on the back of my head unit? Or does it need a "connector" cable which I would have to use anyway to hook up a satellite receiver?
I am just trying to avoid a lot of soldering and opening of my new murano (Whatever the price).

I bought a temp solution as in an MP3 Discman but the tape thingy doesn't work :-(. SO back to the PAC Unit.

It would be so sweet if I could hook this up in the back.

Pim

Anyone in Alberta, Canada has this PAC working? I will drive or help with anything computers in return :)

·
4,601 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:

when i press the SAT button i get no SAT INFO (or something like it)

actually, i even tried asking my dealer and he had the same response, but one of the guys did indicated a store which uses their US address to do it.
Yup, '03 no harness... Look at the Sat thread in the audio section. All the info on the parts are there. It's even a sticky so you can't miss it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I spoke with a local automotive stereo shop selling Sirius receivers. They indicated that the manufacture would set up the service using their own US address and bill your credit card accordingly.
Is this legit? I know us Canadians would be able to physically receive the satellite signal, but it seems a little dodgy to register this way. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Any word on where their CRTC application is standing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts