Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian SE, AWD Pricing

I am about to purchase a 04 SE AWD in pewter with black interior. :2: For those not familiar with the CDN models, a SE up hear means the only option is AWD and navi. Comes with leather, adjustable pedals, hid lights, blah, blah blah. Basically fully loaded. I elected for no navi.

List on this model is $46,900
dealer prep is about $850
Tire tax is $15
Luxury tax is $100

total $47,865

What price are you guys paying? Is $45,000 before tax a fair price or can I do much better?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Snowride

Funny how AWD is now an option here in Canada. I bought an 03 SL and the 03's were AWD or nothing. Having said that, your SE price is the same as the 03 SE price, more or less. When I negotiated mine, I was quite happy getting 4% below list -- they're in business to make a profit, and I can appreciate that, but not as much profit as they would want. I assumed their markup was about 8%, so I figured splitting the difference was fair. If you get yours for $45K, that works out to almost exactly 4% below list. Me, I'd be happy with that.

Watch out for some of the surprises. My dealership does some sort of glass etching thing for security/tracking purposes. This was NOT an option (they do it to all their vehicles as soon as they arrive on the lot due to some thefts) and was NOT included in the price until after the fact. I think it was about $400 or so.

Good luck and enjoy! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
You should be able to get 5 to 6% off list. I did for the same vehicle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
jetnbye has a good point, even if he insists on rubbing it in ;)

When I got mine, the MO was still "new." Now that they've been out there longer, you should be able to get a bigger discount than I did.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to shoot for $45,000 and have them throw in the Nissan hitch c/w wiring and cargo mat. I do think they should make some money. This should make both sides happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Snowride, I bought the '03 Blue SE loaded without Navi for $42,900 in August. Shoot for something unreasonable and then meet them as close to unreasonable as possible. Always works for me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, awesome price. I guess I'll have to negociate a little.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't know how it works north of the boarder, but you mentioned $850 dealer prep -- here that is almost pure profit. Here they often try to tack that on after you make the deal -- at my dealer it was $300 and I refused to pay it. The manager said, "are you going to give up a good deal over $300," and I said, "are you?" and headed out the door. And I didn't have to pay it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
XOC said:
The manager said, "are you going to give up a good deal over $300," and I said, "are you?" and headed out the door. And I didn't have to pay it.
Beautiful!! :26: :29:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts