Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This have happened to me a couple of times, start fueling my MO, the nozzle kicks out as if the tank was full, press it again kicks out again as if full, pay get into my MO, turn on the MO and the tank is not full, the needle shows only around 7/8 of the tank been full, it is the third time in two months since I bought the MO, other times it fuels normally

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
On a lot of sensitive nozzles, you have to move the nozzle around until it works. You should also be aware of approximately how much gas your car will take to fill so you don't stop short.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
rrodfa2-

The problem is with the pump nozzle, not with your MO.

Just go to a different pump or service station.

-njjoe

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE

Went to the dealer, they are replacing some sensor on my gas tank, waiting for parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me here in Canada, this happens at every Petro-Canada station. Moving the nozzle in and out doesn't work. Only holding the nozzle "up" while pumping works.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hmmm...seems as if it is more of a gas pump issue. Do you consistently go to the same gas station? I wouldn't think that there is a senseor in your tank that tells the pump to stop. I could be wrong.:2:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Coness said:
I wouldn't think that there is a senseor in your tank that tells the pump to stop. I could be wrong.:2:
I've heard crazier stories from dealerships...

That's a new one though.

·
5,244 Posts
Just wonder how much are they going to charge for that.......I would made them show me the replaced sensor.........

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
rrodfa2-

The only thing I can think of is a faulty sensor that is reporting the tank as 7/8 full when it is actually 8/8 full. That would explain the problem you indicated in your first post. The fuel nozzle is shutting off because the tank is full, but the faulty sensor is telling the fuel gauge it is 7/8 full.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
That totall makes sense. The pump is in fact turning off properly, but your fuel sensor is inaccurately reading the amount of gas you actually have in the tank.:27:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
njjoe said:
rrodfa2-

The only thing I can think of is a faulty sensor that is reporting the tank as 7/8 full when it is actually 8/8 full. That would explain the problem you indicated in your first post. The fuel nozzle is shutting off because the tank is full, but the faulty sensor is telling the fuel gauge it is 7/8 full.

-njjoe
I don't think so, because I am only able to put $34-$36 per tank, depending on gas prices, before the problem I was filling up w/ $42-$45.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my case, the pump shuts off at certain gas station even though the tank is almost empty. I hv tried moving around the gas nozzle, holding on to the lever, but still it wd pump for a few seconds and ..click..stop. I wd just go to another station.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had to argue with a gas attendant at a full service station. My tank was almost empty, and he said it was full at $20. He tried again, and it clicked off right away. I paid my $20.05 and went to the next station down the street.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
rrodfa2 said:

I don't think so, because I am only able to put $34-$36 per tank, depending on gas prices, before the problem I was filling up w/ $42-$45.
From what I know, there is no sensor in the gas tank which triggers the fuel nozzle to shut off. I think like people have suggested, the reason why your fillups cost less is because you were only filling up 7/8th of the tank each time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unable to fill with gas

I have also experienced similar problems of not being able to put gas in the vehicle. I have a 2006 and the first time I attempted to fill up I experienced what a few others have described with the nozzle stopping as if the tank is already full. I have experienced this about 6 times. I have been told by Nissan that it is related to the flow rate at the gas pumps. Those in which the gas flows faster, cause the problem. Unfortunately as a consumer there is no way to determine which pumps flow at the faster rates. I have experienced the problem at 4 different gas stations. I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and have requested Nissan purchase the vehicle back. The problem has duplicated for the service manager at the dealership I purchased the vehicle at. He also had two new Muranos on his lot do the exact same thing as mine when he tried to fuel them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Same problem with Ranger

I had the same problem with my old ford ranger. I did some off roading and ended up replacing the gas tank. After that is when I began having problems. I would have to slowly fill the gas tank to fill it without kicking back. I think the gas wasn't going straight down into the tank via whatever plumbing gets it there. Don't know what to tell you. I traded that truck in for a toyota.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Re: Unable to fill with gas

Nords said:
I have also experienced similar problems of not being able to put gas in the vehicle. I have a 2006 and the first time I attempted to fill up I experienced what a few others have described with the nozzle stopping as if the tank is already full. I have experienced this about 6 times. I have been told by Nissan that it is related to the flow rate at the gas pumps. Those in which the gas flows faster, cause the problem. Unfortunately as a consumer there is no way to determine which pumps flow at the faster rates. I have experienced the problem at 4 different gas stations. I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and have requested Nissan purchase the vehicle back. The problem has duplicated for the service manager at the dealership I purchased the vehicle at. He also had two new Muranos on his lot do the exact same thing as mine when he tried to fuel them.

Doesn't make sense.
There hasn't exactly been an outbreak of this kind of problem here at Murano Central.
Don't you think you should give Nissan a chance to fix your vehicle?
Or do you just regret having bought it?

Homer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan has had ample opportunities to attempt to fix my Murano. The gas tank has already been replaced and the gas line as well. The car has been to the service department about 7 times. Pretty excessive as far as I am concerned for a car that I have had for 3 months. According to Nissan there is no fix at this time and they have instructed the dealership to not attempt anything else. I do love my Murano, but not being able to know that everytime I pull up to a gas station I will be able to get fuel to go into the tank is a major problem. I am also shocked as a consumer that they continue to sell vehicles and not disclose to potential or actual buyers that this is a potential problem.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Unable to fill with gas

Nords said:
I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and have requested Nissan purchase the vehicle back.
You got to be kidding !! It is claims like this that make some dealers wary of the customer concerns. Dealers are not all perfect, but neither are some of there customers.

I have had the fuel pump shut off at one time or another with all of my previous cars. Usually you can remove the nozzle and try again or move to another pump. Maybe you could file a claim against the gas station for refusing to fill your tank!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts