Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my '06 SL Murano with the Bose system. I have 700 miles on it and the CD player refused to load a CD. I hit the load button, select a position, and when the screen instructs me to load a cd, it spits it out after only going in about 1".

Anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to found out so I can educate myself before I take it to the stealership and wait months for them to fix, call back fix, call back, etc.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Unles your CD is warped, I have never had this problem. I thinks it is time to hit the dealership.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Is your CD home made with paper lable on it? Don't know about 06 but earlier ones do not like them that way...:4:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried regular, store bought CDs and ones that I have burned with no labels. It doesn't like any of them. For the first few weeks I had the car, I had no problems with it.

My fear is it's just the sensor in the CD slot and the dealer is going to take forever to try and fix it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
MatD said:
My fear is it's just the sensor in the CD slot and the dealer is going to take forever to try and fix it.
Repair? You are giving too much credit to the dealer.....They will just replace the whole unit....:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
MatD-

To save yourself some aggravation I would confirm the dealer has a new unit available in stock before I drop the car off for service. They may not have '06 units on hand.

-njjoe

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Bose CD system in my 06 was DOA, (bought it 2/2) the CD gave the error code "PUSH EJECT". The Dealer ordered a new Bose unit and it's being installed 2/17. It took about 7 business days to get the new unit in the dealership. Radio and other system options worked fine.

- Tom
06 Platinum SL AWD

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have partially the same issue on a 2005 Murano SL 6 CD player. When I press the CD button it will say no disc... which is fine I know there are no cd's. If I press LOAD it does nothing but go back to the radio. I have held down the LOAD button for 1 to 15 seconds, I've pressed the EJECT button as well. I do hear the mechanism noise as I turn on the car.
Piece of history. I just bought the vehicle. I did notice cd player wasn't working. I put a cd in and it jammed. So I read up how to take out the Murano stereo. I found 5 cd's, along with some change, toothpicks, debris. I was able to get the CD's and other stuff out fine. I put it all back together and tested it. When turning on the car I could hear all the radios mechanisms working and it displayed Press Eject for a second. That's when I trying to load a cd and found it's not working...
Any help would be grateful - I plan to take it out again and perhaps the LOAD button is not lined up right or something. All other functionality like radio, sound, cassette work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts