Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 7/5/2006 to now the website is unreachable. This is due to a DNS problem. Admin is aware of it and is working the problem. If you are having no problems during this time that is because you have a cached DNS lookup or have a listing in your hosts file.

P.S. From a morbid point of view I find this fascinating. The domain is registered and active, the nameservers on the registration are correctly resolving the site IP and the nameservers themselves correctly resolve. I can only presume the problem is with the root hint servers and will be fixed when they update.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Feels really odd being the only one online here right now. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

·
5,268 Posts
Enforcer,

I have added "216.55.165.19 www.nissanmurano.org " as per your email. Now it works!

Still as Eric noticed it feels funny to be only person accessing this site now....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah its been a few days now and still no dice on the DNS update. Oh wells.

·
Registered
151 Posts
boy!! I made it back here, any how, my Mo was badly injure over the week end, a Bambi (dear) jumped in front of me I was doing 55 mph , my front bumper, fog light all gone, got to take it to the body shop so they can fixed Asap.

·
5,268 Posts
I am glad it worked!

risaralda,
sorry to hear it. My FX got damaged over the weekend as well. Some stupid bastard tried to park backwards.......I was lucky as it took me only half of Sunday to get it to almost like new shape.

Hope your Murano will get fixed shortly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks Kris,

Went to the body shop, they are going to order all the parts, good thing they are going to be from the dealer, all oem, total dameged is going to be $ 1500.00, it will be done at the end of the month. after all my insurance will cover $ 1400.00, good thing. they say my Mo will good as need one I hope.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Kris said:
Enforcer,

I have added "216.55.165.19 www.nissanmurano.org " as per your email. Now it works!

Still as Eric noticed it feels funny to be only person accessing this site now....
Couldn't the Admin email this information to the members? I too got the instructions from Fresh Alloy. :) Nice people they are over there.

·
5,268 Posts
Ctx said:

Couldn't the Admin email this information to the members? I too got the instructions from Fresh Alloy. :) Nice people they are over there.
I know, I posted this out there! ;)

Anyway, as I understand the issues is with Internet DNS that need to be updated. It somehow takes a long time.....

Admin sending email - it may and may not work. It did not work on my work computer as we are using proxy that is blocking it. Still if Admin emailed it to forum members at least some of them would be able to get on the site again...

Enforcer,
could you IM Admin.

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not sure why it takes a number of days for a DNS update. I can register a new URL and it propagates around the net fairly fast.

Anyway, I updated the localhost text on my PC as suggested and it works fine for me.

Thanks to whoever posted that on www.freshalloy.com.

Alan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whew! had me worried, I love this site!

I for one am very glad the site is still here and I happend onto the hosts file addition to get me back, I needed a real fix!

Rick

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Looks like we got a few people back on here now. I've been trying to contact admin to let him know about this, will keep everyone posted. Enforcer has been checking on the issue (well, as much as an outside user could) and will contact / has contacted admin as well. This will be fixed soon (fingers crossed) hopefully.

I noticed the Freshalloy admin didn't like us posting a temporary fix for the .org on their forum....:D :D :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
The DNS should oot take that long to refresh. There has to be a config error. Is it a Windows based DNS server or Linux? Did you change providers?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
FINALLY!!!

O.K. We know there is a problem. What is the solution? How do we prevent a recurrence?

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Root servers still won't resolve, admin knows. I went through this myself years ago. Really a pain. They used to update twice a week they may update more frequently. But we're beyond that now. I think there is a problem between his registrar and the internic. Anytime you change your DNS servers or registrars this can happen, oh how I know this all too well. You would like to think its easy. If you could just get in there and do it yourself it'd be fixed. Not so easy with all the registrars involved. Most of the time they go through without too much of a hitch, but you can always bet on a day or two downtime. The longest one I had took a week.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Enforcer-

You obviously know what you are talking about. Is there a "fix" for this? Or will it be an ongoing problem?

I tried to get an answer from the ADMIN via direct email but I never got a response.

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 45 Posts