Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is repeat of previous threads but I thought that I would give the Canuck MO owners a heads up on my experience with winter mats from the dealer.

I have seen Oakville Nissans web site and emailed them for pricing. After waiting over a week I called and was told a set of Nissan winter mats would be $115. This is their discounted price supposedly.

I then asked the dealer I go for service and his regular price is $115.

I called the dealer where I bought the vehicle (05 SL AWD) and his price was......yep.....$115. No deal for me and I would have to drive 45 minutes to get these. Great incentive to come back.

Does anyone know of a dealer in Ontario that sells for less? Are here any aftermarket that anyone would recommend. I know that Ebay has some but after shipping and exchange, they are same as the dealer.

I don't mind buying from the dealer, just checking out other options before I buy.

Thanks

Dave

PS What is the price in the US??

·
Registered
470 Posts
whatsup said:
I know that this is repeat of previous threads but I thought that I would give the Canuck MO owners a heads up on my experience with winter mats from the dealer.

I have seen Oakville Nissans web site and emailed them for pricing. After waiting over a week I called and was told a set of Nissan winter mats would be $115. This is their discounted price supposedly.

I then asked the dealer I go for service and his regular price is $115.

I called the dealer where I bought the vehicle (05 SL AWD) and his price was......yep.....$115. No deal for me and I would have to drive 45 minutes to get these. Great incentive to come back.

Does anyone know of a dealer in Ontario that sells for less? Are here any aftermarket that anyone would recommend. I know that Ebay has some but after shipping and exchange, they are same as the dealer.

I don't mind buying from the dealer, just checking out other options before I buy.

Thanks

Dave

PS What is the price in the US??
I paid about $65 from the dealer for the Murano rubber mats. I believe the retail price is closer to $90. I wish I could have traded the carpet mats for the rubber mats since they both have similar prices and I like the rubber mats better .

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Re: Canuck Winter Car Mats - Again!!

HuskyFan said:

I paid about $65 from the dealer for the Murano rubber mats. I believe the retail price is closer to $90. I wish I could have traded the carpet mats for the rubber mats since they both have similar prices and I like the rubber mats better .
I bought the rubber mats about a week after I picked up my Murano from the dealership (paid $56 after a 20% discount from Capitol Nissan in Sacramento, CA). Sold the original carpet floor mats on Ebay a few days later. Keep in mind this was the price I paid 3 years ago, its probably more now.

An alternative to the Nissan floor mats are mats from Weathertech, which are also excellent. They probably use the stock mat retainer (that little plastic hook on the floor) too. If you can find the Weathertech's for less, you might go with that. Its advertised in all the major auto mags.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just a warning - those prices are yankee bucks. I looked for 3 months and wound up back at the local dealer in London yesterday. Cost about $130 taxes in. No deal, although they did say that they would match the Oakville Nissan price. I didn't push it as I made the poor girl drag them out three times on three different days before I made up my mind.

Incidentally, they come in one colour - an off black. They do have the holes for the hooks on the driver side, and they are good and heavy. They definately do NOT look good in the cafe latte colour but what can you do?

YMMV - I sucked it up and paid the big bucks!

Canadian Tire is always an option...:rolleyes:

·
4,601 Posts
No it isn't, every Crappy Tire I went in to, did not have mats large enough for the Murano.

I went and bought the OEM ones. Worth not messing around as they fit well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed. Whole heartedly. I researched a few ads in motor trend/car and driver and by the time you did exchange, duty and get whacked 15% for tax, save yourself the angst.

Plus, it SNOWED here this morning!

VDC, HERE WE COME! :2:

·
4,601 Posts
eeeewwwww, the four letter S word.

·
Registered
89 Posts
An alternative to the Nissan floor mats are mats from Weathertech, which are also excellent. They probably use the stock mat retainer (that little plastic hook on the floor) too.
I bought the WeatherTech mats for my MO after having had them in my last vehicle ('97 Ford F-150) and highly recommend them but, unfortunately, no, they do *not* utilize the mat retainers for the driver's side front mat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I went state side and bought mine. Ended up costing about $75.00 Canadian when all was said and done. At my Canadian Dealer, I was quoted $130.00 plus taxes. My Sales Manager actually took a copy of my invoice and was going to approach the Nissan Rep regarding the price difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts