Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leaned into the car this morning and put my foot on the brake to start it and warm it up before the school run. I took my foot off the brake before it completed turning over as I got distracted. When I sat in the car
To attempt to start it again, the ignition would turn the car over but not actually start it. After around 5 seconds it would stop attempting to turn over. All dash lights were on in accessories mode. I tried another couple of times and the battery was flat. So flat I couldn’t even open the boot and had to use the manual keep to unlock the car. Battery is 18 months old. No luck jump starting so placed battery on charge for the day tried again tonight once fully charged. Same issue again, but on the last attempt to start, the engine made a loud ticking type sound (difficult to explain the sound so sorry if that’s confusing). I used my error FIXD error code reader and it came up with P0113 Air Intake temperature sensor high as a “possible” cause. There’s been no previous symptom that I’ve noticed. I did notice that brake pedal is very hard to press atm. My challenge now is to get it to the dealership even tho I can’t start it?
Any ideas what the issue could be and if I can bypass it to get the car to the dealership?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I leaned into the car this morning and put my foot on the brake to start it and warm it up before the school run. I took my foot off the brake before it completed turning over as I got distracted. When I sat in the car
To attempt to start it again, the ignition would turn the car over but not actually start it. After around 5 seconds it would stop attempting to turn over. All dash lights were on in accessories mode. I tried another couple of times and the battery was flat. So flat I couldn’t even open the boot and had to use the manual keep to unlock the car. Battery is 18 months old. No luck jump starting so placed battery on charge for the day tried again tonight once fully charged. Same issue again, but on the last attempt to start, the engine made a loud ticking type sound (difficult to explain the sound so sorry if that’s confusing). I used my error FIXD error code reader and it came up with P0113 Air Intake temperature sensor high as a “possible” cause. There’s been no previous symptom that I’ve noticed. I did notice that brake pedal is very hard to press atm. My challenge now is to get it to the dealership even tho I can’t start it?
Any ideas what the issue could be and if I can bypass it to get the car to the dealership?
The symptoms you describe sound like a bad or failing battery, which is certainly possible even though it's not that old. You would need to have it load-tested to confirm though. Is the battery still under warranty? Also, make sure the cables connected to the battery are clean and tightly secured to the battery terminals.

As far as the code is concerned, it could be an artifact of the electrical problem, but even if the AIT sensor is bad it would not prevent the engine from cranking.

The brake pedal feeling hard is normal given that you've probably been pushing on the brake pedal repeatedly with the engine not running--this has to do with the way the vacuum-assisted power brake system works.

Let us know if you confirm what the problem is. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
I need coffee
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing