Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 Murano Premium with panoramic moon roof. Is it advisable to put a canvas car top carrier on the vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
7,979 Posts
Any fabric car top carrier is going to abrade the paint due to the vibration of the vehicle and the action of wind on the carrier. How much it abrades it depends on how well it's secured, how long you drive it and the speeds at which it's driven.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any fabric car top carrier is going to abrade the paint due to the vibration of the vehicle and the action of wind on the carrier. How much it abrades it depends on how well it's secured, how long you drive it and the speeds at which it's driven.
More concerned if it might damage the panoramic moon roof?

·
Super Moderator
7,979 Posts
It shouldn't, but I would make absolutely sure that no rivets, zippers or other metallic objects ever touch the glass. It's tempered glass and any scratch or chip is enough to increase the chance that the glass may shatter. That sunroof gets stress from body flexing and they have been known to shatter for no apparent reason in different types of vehicles.

ADVICE: If you have a glass sunroof, I recommend you get or borrow a fiberglass car top carrier that doesn't touch the roof. If you were in the Denver area, I'd rent you mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts