Nissan Murano Forum banner

Car, Truck or Van?

• It's a car, everybody knows its based on the Maxima/Altima Chassis.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • It's a light truck, afterall, that's what it says on the emissions label.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • It's a van, just look at all the interior room.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think it's in a class all by itself. :D

If pushed, I'll call it an SUV, but I more often just refer to is as my Murano.

Jeff

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's Hard

It's a big Subaru.

It's a type of vehicle that has never been made before. It is an automobile (transport thing with no horses connected to it).

It is hard to keep up here, and simultaneously build garage, sun room, car port, and figure out an extension to the house.

Yesterday, because I needed 8-foot 2-bys, I could not take the Olds (our rule is we use the Olds for local junk, keep the mileage off the MO's lease).

While I was putting blankets on the leather, etc., for the young fellow to load the boards, he said, "Nice car." Of course, the conversation did not end there! He had heard of the FX and the Murano, but was fuzzy about the differences (Is MO 345 HP?).

The lumber yard took a coffee break to admire the MO.

The vote on the colour is unanimous.

Friday, after I parked at work and unloaded my stuff, a gardener behind me said, "Beep" just before I remote-locked the doors. Then he laughed. Then he said he just ordered an F350 in midnight blue, loves the colour, loves the MO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I refer to it as "my car". A lot of my friends call it my "truck". My favorite so far was this teenage boy was sitting out in front of a store as I pulled by and parked. When I got out, and walked by him he said "Wow I thought that was a spaceship landing, cool" So then... it's a "spaceship", I think I like that best...:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
It *is* a spaceship

I thought we all knew that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now if it only had photon torpedoes (sp?):bonk: or a friggin' laser gun or something so I could radiate and destroy some of the morons on the road we'd be all set. Any of you engineering guys have any ideas???!! :9:

·
Registered
278 Posts
It *is* a spaceship.

Mine flies fairly close to the ground, but nonetheless.

·
5,268 Posts
I do not care what you call it. Or what that matter anybody calls it. I love it and that's it!!!!:10:

She is a beaut!:6:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
For the poll purposes I said light truck.
Like the poll stated, that's already been officially decided.

For conversation purposes, after struggling with it for some weeks, we have settled on SUV.
We had tried to "soften" that for awhile, because it most certainly is not an SUV like a Hummer is a SUV. And it's not an SUV like a mercury Mountaineer is an SUV. So we tried, "Crossover SUV" and "Mid sized SUV" and "Car based SUV".
Now we call it "SUV, You got a problem with that?". ;)

Anybody calls MY Murano a "big subaru" and it's fist city.
Sheeese, that's degrading. At that rate, it shouldn't be too long before somebody calls it a good looking AzzTek clone. :3:

Homer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts