Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
To update, the old starting problem has only happened three times since my last post, and all times it only took one jog of the key to get the engine to turn over. It's possible the addition of the new neg cable helped correct the typically degrading, three-week issue so things aren't as bad. Or, it's something else entirely and/or the problem, since it started earlier than usual this Fall, hasn't fully emerged and might do so soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I were you I'd get a new battery. Most problems of this kind are battery related. You might think your old one is ok but a new battery doesn't cost much. They need to be replaced every few years and they don't cost much compared to what they have to do. After that or even at the same time I'd replace ignition switch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If I were you I'd get a new battery. Most problems of this kind are battery related. You might think your old one is ok but a new battery doesn't cost much. They need to be replaced every few years and they don't cost much compared to what they have to do. After that or even at the same time I'd replace ignition switch.
It's not directly battery-related, since I had replaced the battery twice since it started happening, and again like clockwork, twice a year (Fall and then Summer), the problem happens for about three weeks each time and then is 100% problem-free until the next seasonal cycle. That is, until this year, when the new problem emerged and appeared to have been resolved with that new neg cable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Final update unless it happens again... No more starting problems since the last time it happened about two months ago, three times over four days, and then the car has started up perfectly since. I may not have the car this Summer to determine if this key-jogging problem appears again like clockwork...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts