Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey the other morning as I left to go to work I noticed the mo started up a little slow. Like the battery was going dead. Sure enough, when I was going home the mo just clicked. Had it jumped ran fine so I figered it 's the battery not the alternator like I expected it to be. So when I got home I put my load tester on the battery and sure enough the system is charging at 14 volts. So any way I called the dealer to set up a appointment for the next day. They said it was the battery, but they would also put in a new alternator. They wanted to charge me for a loaner car, I said no. He said no problem, but I would have to pay for a proratted battery. 37.00. Is this correct. My mo is a 04 with 21000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Did you check the water level in the battery? Its not a maintenance free battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've put water in it twice before this happened. I love serviceable batteries, usually they last a little longer than maintenance free.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of even better not! Now i'm pissed.

Well I thought I would take a look at there work on my presses mo low in behold they scratched up the engine compartment pretty bad. Looks like when they took all the plastic crap off the must have laid it on the floor and now there's scratches all over. I spoke to the service writer in he said he see what he could do. I said the only thing you are going to do is replace what you sloppy mechanic screwed up. Bringing the mo in latter this week. By the way I forgot to mention when I went to pick up the mo it didn't start. Somehow they forgot to put the new battery in WOW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts