Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Right on! I recently bought a 72 inch flat-screen from best buy and it fit perfectly with the back seats down and the front seat adjusted forward. It was fine, because my house is 2 minutes away and the nice steering wheel adjustment range helped dramatically lol. The employees from best buy were trying to tell me Icouldn't pick it up after purchasing online, because I didn't have a truck lol. They took one look at the murano and said "no way it will fit and we won't warranty it if it breaks. I told them I didn't get a warranty and thats for the manufacturer to decide, this is a done deal and already paid for. I'm taking it whether you like it or not. I also had a saturn vue before this and even that would fit 2x4x8 studs with the rear hatch closed. I was pretty impressed by that. Good times. I do have a kayak trailer and a 5x8 trailer with an extended toungue. The 5x8 helps a lot with the bigger stuff from time to time. I contemplated a truck before I made the purchase for the murano, but I would have needed an extended cab for the kiddos and I'm sure that would have been astronomically more expensive, especially now. I would never buy a car or truck brand new anyway but its even crazier looking at the prices now vs. 3 years ago. Anyways...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Remember, as new tvs become thinner, the large screen tvs are no longer permitted to be transported horizontally due to added flex. You risk cracking the screen. Makes more sense to pay $60 for a delivery or sweet talk the sales into a free delivery.
Yeah it might make more sense to you and I can appreciate that. I was 2 minutes away, I didn't just throw the TV in the back or anything. Set it down very systematically and the box says "display side face up". There is enough Styrofoam in the box that its not going to flex like that. I'd rather spend the $60 on something else. I know what I'm doing and was very careful. Would have been on me. I live on the edge.:p:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts