Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a used Murano. I do transport some items that are about 6' long and need to be layed flat.

I've researched the specs but do not see the actual dimensions of the cargo area with the seats down. Does anyone have those dimensions available?

I've also read that the rear seats fold all the way down so the cargo bed is flat. Is it truly flat?

Thanks...Hank

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hanko said:
I've also read that the rear seats fold all the way down so the cargo bed is flat. Is it truly flat?

Thanks...Hank
Hank-

Yes, the cargo bed is flat when the rear seats are folded down.

-njjoe

·
Registered
204 Posts
We brought 3 long folding tables home last week that fit perfectly between the closed lift-gate and the back of the front seats. I don't have them here to measure exactly but I would say they were approximately 6' long + & 3' wide

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have purchased tall bookshelves and carried them in the MO with the hatch closed. Since the rear hatch is curved, you cannot rely on the "maximum length" measurement unless you consider the dimension from the part where the rear hatch is curved in most (sticking towards the front). This is at the extreme left or extreme right of the rear hatch.

I've taken measurements from this point, and the MO just comes in a tad over 6 feet. I'd say maybe 72.5 or 73 inches, but thats absolutely maxing it out. This was for a bookshelf that took up about half the width of the cargo area, and I had to move the front passenger seat forward a little bit (but still enough for someone to sit there) to get it to fit.

So in a nutshell, yes a 6' item will fit, but just barely. If you measure from the middle of the rear hatch (which sticks out towards the back a little), then I'd say you have 73-74 inches.

You also lose a little bit of cargo space because the center console sticks out behind the front seats. So if you had a flat item over six feet long, you'll have to prop it up on top of the center console (the small bit sticking out behind the rear seat).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts