Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Cargo net is never used

Votes: 64 54.2%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I didn't know it folded! I like that. I might get one. I've used the net and it works with lots and lots of bundles. I've loaded it very heavily. I use it as an envelope but I like the idea of the "L" too.

I leave it half way connected all the time as I remove the two hooks from the top right and leave the rest connected. I still have access to the entire hatch but when needed can quickly get the net back up.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
MO Dale ~

AWESOME! Thank you so much. I think I'm gonna have to get me one of these.

Sorry we made you clean the back of your MO! :p

That looks much nicer than any other pictures I've seen, and I like the fact that it's not in the way as much as the net if you're wanting to load something big.

(the wife's going to kill me for doing so much shopping for my car... She keeps asking "when was the last time you bought something for ME?" :D )

·
Registered
309 Posts
GymKid - That's exactly how I have the net set up... but for some reason my old net from the Maxima has a little more slack on the cords.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: Cargo Organizer Pics

MO Dale said:
GymKid PM'd me about pics. This was a good thing. The cargo area was filthy, so I cleaned it up to save face. Besides I have a wedding to attend this weekend. It had to be done sooner or later. :D

HEY... THANK YOU !! I appreciate you taking the time to post the pictures. Big help and in seeing the whole picture.

If you need help washing your car, I can ask to see a picture of the outside of your car.

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Re: Cargo Organizer Pics

Glad the pics have helped everyone!

Well, the outside is just dirty from rain and pollen. But the cargo area has been looking bad for awhile. I hope to finish the cleanup the next couple days.

Here's a peek if you really want to know. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It was baaaaad! :eek:

Attachments

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Wow, this cargo organizer looks awesome. Where can I buy one???? Also, can you reach the handle to fold your rear seats without removing organizer every time?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Wow, this cargo organizer looks awesome. Where can I buy one???? Also, can you reach the handle to fold your rear seats without removing organizer every time?
That's the only rub...you have to move/lift it to pull the seat levers. It'd be nice if they were higher up, like in the FX. Overall, inconvenient, but not a big deal.

Any Nissan dealer can get it for you and probably save shipping.
Lee's has it for $132.00.

1st Nissan $118.80.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Gonzo said:
MO Dale, did you reazlie that there is a wiper following your MO? Don't look but its on your rear bumper! :eek:
LOL :D Yeah, it's not just people that follow the MO around. I got my new SilBlade's last night. I was planning to post about them. I hadn't seen them mentioned around here.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Interesting... so you can't use the back seat handles while the cargo organizer is there. Everything just keeps adding up for the things I want for my new murano... jeez

- Cargo Organizer
- Front guard for the radiator
- My nerfs powdercoated a different color
- Stonguard
- A new front grill... but I'm waiting to see if they come out with different ones, although it's nice, I'm not crazy about the Z - grill.

THat is just my list for now too.

- By the way, I bought the Garmin 2620 and can't say that I love it. I think it might be going back to the store. : (

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
GymKid ~

Clean out your mailbox. It won't let me send you a PM.

·
Registered
49 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I have mine set-up exactly as TheGymKid has except rather than making an envelope, I have one side connected to the rings on the floor right behind the back seats so the net is sort of "L" shaped. I place the grocery bags between the net and the rear hatch, and when I have something that needs to be secured down, I slide it under the net.
Me too--seems like I saw a picture in the manual or online at Nissan's site that shows it this way. Didn't answer the poll becuase there's no choice for my answer, which is that I keep net set up all the time except for trips when I'm carrying lots of luggage or large objects. Net is handy for everyday shopping etc.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
mikeyrider said:
Didn't answer the poll becuase there's no choice for my answer, which is that I keep net set up all the time except for trips when I'm carrying lots of luggage or large objects.
Now that is picky! I think you would qualify for choice #1. That is what I voted for.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Mikey said: " Me too--seems like I saw a picture in the manual or online at Nissan's site that shows it this way. Didn't answer the poll becuase there's no choice for my answer, which is that I keep net set up all the time except for trips when I'm carrying lots of luggage or large objects. Net is handy for everyday shopping etc."

Chose one... anyone... closest to what you do... I agree, # 1 is right for you !!

·
4,664 Posts
I actually need a cargo net that goes the other way to stop stuff from sliding from left to right to left to right to left to right...

Everytime I put stuff in there, it's neat, but when I get to where I'm going, it's all over the place. The Maxima had the same problem. Must be a Nissan thing.:p

Having it across the back, is almost completely useless for what's normally in there. Helps keep groceries from sliding out, when the hatch is opened, when it happens.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
jaak said:
Having it across the back, is almost completely useless for what's normally in there. Helps keep groceries from sliding out, when the hatch is opened
Depends on if you have problems with taking the turns too fast or rather you make fast take offs and slow downs. I can take the turns slow but can not necessarily control how quickly I have to stop as there are many idiots out there, plus the stuff goes between the net and the rear hatch, just enough to fit 3 or 4 bags of groceries. So Side to side works for me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine didn't come with a net either. I DID find the plastic bag that it probably came in!!!

The quest I had did have hooks on the back seats and in the rear of the van. Very useful. I did have a net in the Rav4 I had and loved it.

Maybe when I go get my key fixed(it won't unlock the door)I'll buy me a net.:p :mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmm, I bought my MO used and it had the cargo protector and the cargo net set up in it. When I got home and opened up all the little nooks and crannies in the cargo area, I found an unopened plastic bag with a second cargo net. The net stays put for the most part but I don't secure the bottom clips. I find it easier to slide larger objects under the bottom of the net without having to remove it entirely.

I really like that cargo organizer though, it's going on my 'must have' list.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts