Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Cargo net is never used

Votes: 64 54.2%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I kind of like the look of the "cargo Organizer".
Started looking for it on line but think they were for only 1st Gen Mo's.
Can't find anything out there that was custom fit and made for Gen-2.
Feedback welcome.
Thks Bob1

·
Registered
186 Posts
I kept my gen 1 cargo net and use it (sometimes) in the gen 2. But most of the time it is stowed - it really gets in the way.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I kind of like the look of the "cargo Organizer".
Started looking for it on line but think they were for only 1st Gen Mo's.
Can't find anything out there that was custom fit and made for Gen-2.
Feedback welcome.
Thks Bob1
Are you talking about the cargo organizer under the floor that goes over the spare?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Are you talking about the cargo organizer under the floor that goes over the spare?
Looking, I did not realize the organizer fits in the well. I thought it a free standing unit that just sits on the trunk floor. Not looking for a well thing but something that fit nice and you can haul things like grocery bags without everything rolling around and falling over.

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
That picture I assume is the 1st gen. My 09 had one similar built in the floor and it worked great. For some reason Nissan got rid of it starting with the 2011's:28:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yeah Blinky, there were no products for a Gen-2 like this.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
That one looks pretty good. I keep two collapsible storage crates in my trunk. One I keep open, the other I put in the storage well above the spare and take it out when needed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
All Canadian MO models come with the cargo organizer. I can't download Nissan USA brochure to see if it's an option (computer glitch) and I don't see anything listed when I try build & price or navigate on their web site. The owner's manual shows being optional. Anyhow it looks very much like the one they had on the Rogue. It flips up with 3 compartments made of 2 nets held vertically but they can be removed to accommodate larger bags, objects or parcels.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I am considering the one I posted above but now found it 5 bucks cheaper on e-bay.
Delivered, drive away price 40 bucks. I like the construction, not some canvas bag material like others. This has some structure.

Black Hopkins Storagemaster Cargo Organizer Holder Carrier Storage Car SUV New | eBay

Edit, I assume this will fit. I just did a tape measure interior wheel-well bump-out to wheel-well bump-out, 43".
This says "Length adjusts from 37" to 43" to fit most vehicles."
He ships lower 48 states only, our north of the border friends can most likely find this from another seller.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I pulled the trigger on this link:
Black Hopkins Storagemaster Cargo Organizer Holder Carrier Storage Car SUV New | eBay

I inquired if it will fit the MO? Seller said, think it will and if not, he will pay return ship costs.

I will shoot a photo after it arrives. Now at least the wife will use the auto lift-gate option rather than tossing the grocery bags in the back seat so they won't roll around.

·
Registered
895 Posts
All Canadian MO models come with the cargo organizer. I can't download Nissan USA brochure to see if it's an option (computer glitch) and I don't see anything listed when I try build & price or navigate on their web site. The owner's manual shows being optional. Anyhow it looks very much like the one they had on the Rogue. It flips up with 3 compartments made of 2 nets held vertically but they can be removed to accommodate larger bags, objects or parcels.
Why in the heck did they remove that in the US. If I knew that, I might have driven up to a Canadian dealer:D

·
Registered
895 Posts
I pulled the trigger on this link:

I inquired if it will fit the MO? Seller said, think it will and if not, he will pay return ship costs.

I will shoot a photo after it arrives. Now at least the wife will use the auto lift-gate option rather than tossing the grocery bags in the back seat so they won't roll around.
Yes, let us know how you like it. I might splurge for one.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes, let us know how you like it. I might splurge for one.
Estimated delivery is Sept 22. I'll install and post a photo.
It may be silly but I want to use the auto-lift option and if I don't do this, that cargo area will never see any action.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Holy geez, KCopperKat, what a blast from the past to see you still here as one of the founding members. Nice to see you.

OK, the cargo thing arrived at 5PM, took a few minutes to assemble. No tools but I had to follow directions and as a guy, we hate that!

It's not the prettiest thing but it fits OK. On a 1-10 I give it a 6.5.
It will however let me use the rear opening lid toy. The wife would only back seat everything due to the rolling around of bags and bottles. It filled my need and it was 39 or 40 bucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Now that I have two layers of protective carpets in the trunk, (36" wide brown vinyl backed runner carpet) one cut to fit the cargo floor and the other one sitting on top (54" long to protect the seat backs when folded), I'm not using the cargo organizer anymore! Too much trouble to push or pull them out of the way so I "recycled" a double hammock type cargo net from a previous car and it works just fine, yeah! I only have booster cables under the cargo floor which I've used only a couple of time in the past decades and all the rest of my stuff is stored tightly in the side bins and inside the cabin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When cargo nets were first introduced, I thought they were a stupid accessory. Then I bought a Volvo with one, didn't use it for a while, but after trying it one time on a grocery run, I became a firm believer. Yes, they are a little bit of a hassle at times, but a lot less than having to clean up after spilling a gallon of milk when you stopped or cornered a little too aggressively. Haven't had a vehicle without one since the early 90's, and use them all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cargo nets are OK but I prefer those shopping bag hooks which can be found in the Acura. Simple on/off, keeps the bags upright and in place, and not noticeable when not in use. Much better/useful than any cargo net or cargo storage device that I've used in the past.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts