Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today, the cargo net cannot be purchased as a seperate item. It only comes with the Murano as part of an option package. Would someone who has a net please post the dimensions? I would prefer a genuine Nissan net, but I guess I have to go with an aftermarket part. I just need to know the approximate size.

By the way, this forum is really a nice asset. It played a big part in my car buying decision.:1zhelp:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I thought every Murano comes with a cargo net. I have never seen a Murano optioned without the mudguard or cargo nets. I dunno, maybe they are equipped that way in California where I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked everywhere. I remember it being listed on one of the (available) option packages. It's not on my window sticker either. But if every other Murano owner got a net with purchase and I didn't.. then grrrrr... Hey maybe someone got two of them! Give it back....:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Again, but only because people have bought this car without knowing there even is a compartment, have you looked in the rear floor compartments?

Almost all of the nets were in the big floor compartment that is to the left of the center compartment that contains the spare tire.
This is as you look into the Murano from the rear hatch. You need to remove the cargo cover to see the compartments.

Several people did not even realize that this compartment was there. People have found all kinds of things in there such as Front license plate frames, etc. Some people have even found wheel locks.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hfelknor said:
Again, but only because people have bought this car without knowing there even is a compartment, have you looked in the rear floor compartments?

Almost all of the nets were in the big floor compartment that is to the left of the center compartment that contains the spare tire.
This is as you look into the Murano from the rear hatch. You need to remove the cargo cover to see the compartments.

Several people did not even realize that this compartment was there. People have found all kinds of things in there such as Front license plate frames, etc. Some people have even found wheel locks.

Homer
I wish my car came with wheel locks! I had to pay the 'stealer $25 for a set of Nissan locks. They don't seem any better than the $15 set of MacGards I used for my Maxima.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The net SHOULD be in the LHS storage area, but...

... if it was anything like my dealer's delivery, then it could "disappear." I made sure everything was in my MO (SE AWD) when I was getting ready to take delivery. Someone else was getting a MO also (SL). When I came out, my rear hatch was open, cargo net gone and my manual for my navigation system was missing from the owner's packet. (The nylon holder for all the manuals was on my passenger's seat unzipped.) :3:

What I'm saying is that Nissan probably did put it back there, but some lazy slug of a salesman was too lazy to get a net for his customer from the parts department, so he'll go to another car and rip it off from there.

As for whether all MOs get the net or not... I think not. The net only comes as part of the package that includes the cargo cover, I think. But you should still be able to buy the net directly from your local Nissan's parts department. (I got my "replacement" net from the parts counter.)

Bob K.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Yeah Eric, the wheel locks are a bit of an enigma.

They did come with lots of cars.

Seems that many Canucks got them.

Seems like many folks who leased from Nissan got them.

Does that mean that only Canadians that leased from Nissan got them, eh?

I dunno.

I had to spring for a set of GoRillas when I bot my chromes.

And yeah, Bob K thatis likely what happened to the truly missing cargo nets.
I know of one case, here or at FA, where the guy didn't know about the underfloor compartments, went back to his dealer and aasked for a net. The salesman just opened up another Mo and gave him the one from that car.
And of course, our boy found the compartments eventually and had two.
And MVTCP has none.

Send me your address MVTCP and I'll send you my net at NC.
USE PM to let me know where to send it.

Homer:cool:

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
hfelknor said:
Yeah Eric, the wheel locks are a bit of an enigma.

They did come with lots of cars.

Seems that many Canucks got them.

Seems like many folks who leased from Nissan got them.

Does that mean that only Canadians that leased from Nissan got them, eh?

I dunno.

I had to spring for a set of GoRillas when I bot my chromes.

And yeah, Bob K thatis likely what happened to the truly missing cargo nets.
I know of one case, here or at FA, where the guy didn't know about the underfloor compartments, went back to his dealer and aasked for a net. The salesman just opened up another Mo and gave him the one from that car.
And of course, our boy found the compartments eventually and had two.
And MVTCP has none.

Send me your address MVTCP and I'll send you mine.
USE PM to let me know where to send it.

Homer:cool:

"our boy" is me..........

but the dealer never showed me where he got the other one from.........

so anyway

glad this is resolved

esemes

ps- welcome back homer......where you been anyway??

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, checked everywhere... twice. I even undid the spare tire. I'm the kind of guy who when I get anything new, I start unscrewing things. Speaking of that little storage area above the tire, when I first saw that, I thought it would be useless, now I almost have the thing filled with a bunch of little stuff that normally has nowhere to go. I keep finding more things to love about this car/truck/suv/wagon, I think this is one of the best kept secrets in transportation! Thanks for all your input.:7:

·
4,664 Posts
It is possible to buy the cargo net. I saw one packaged new, in the display at the parts department of the dealer I got my Murano at...

I remember being told on my 2000 Maxima that Nissan Finance wants the wheel locks on the vehicle. I didn't even ask on the Murano, but I wonder if that's the same there.... Both were leased, as I'm not allowed to keep the vehicle past four years for my car allowance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts