Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get a deal here in SW FL.
Everybody wants MSRP PLUS a <>$2K premium.
No real competition down here.

CARMAX is offering Muranos in SC.
List price of $32,852 on a 2wd SL.
Seems that works out to be
Sunroof, Premium package, SL leather, Floor mats, Splah Gurads, Cargo area protector, and Sunroof wind deflector according to the Nissan site.
That's fine as that is what I would choose.

They are selling (several) for $29,728 + $99 Doc fee and TT&L.
They show $29,996 Invoice and are offering to sell for $3024 discount from List + $99 Fee.

Is this a good deal?
I will have to go to SC to do this at a cost of <>$500.

Has anybody bought from CarMax?
Whatcha think?

Homer

·
Registered
66 Posts
CarMax

I called CarMax here in Dallas, and they don't sell new cars here.

The price you quoted sounds okay, if that's the REAL price. Meaning no added fees and dealer add ons on the final contract. Ask them about that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a Carmax in Baltimore that sells new Nissans. I went to my local dealer (Nissan that is) on a Friday night and they gave me a pathetic offer on a trade-in and a pathetic offer on the Murano I wanted. Drove to Carmax the next morning and they offered me more than what I was expecting on trade-in and exactly what I was expecting on the Murano. Carmax was offering a $1,000 rebate on Nissans and that took the price down near invoice price. Their prices are no-hassle prices and there were no surprises at all. In fact, I found them to have an EXTREMELY effecient system for the whole buying experience.

Good luck,
Jeff

L

·
0 Posts
I live in Baltimore and the Carmax here sells the MO's. They always have at least 10 here and there prices are better then the dealer. I ended up buying mine at the dealer because it had the color I was looking for. The dealer got me in the door by telling me he would match the Carmax offer but 6 hours later I was still fighting with him to give it to me at the Carmax price! What a waste of time. I should of left but I didn't. I got the car that I wanted but ended up paying $350 over what Carmax was going to charge me. I would recommend going with Carmax and avoid the sales BS!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took CarMax printout to local dealer.
He matched!
Well, with a few dollars.
Car was $29,780.50 w/ doc fees included but no Sunroof deflector.

Saved $500 trip and 4 days of driving.

Thank you CarMax Nissan.
When are you coming to FL????

Homer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts