Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Wichita, KS we are getting a carmax dealer here in febuary.
From their website it looks like you can get awesome deals, so im wondering if any one on here has bought from carmax, if so what was your experience like? And what price did you get?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
in my experiance....

I went there looking for some deals on slightly used cars/vans/trucks a few years ago......

The first 3 vehicles had dead batteries and two of them had flats.

The fourth had an excellent price with astoundingly low miles.....after the test drive when I was driving back to park it in the space it came out of, I noticed a huge oil slick. I got down on the ground and could see copious amounts of transmission fluid coating everything. I opened the hood and it was extremely obvious that the car had been in a terrible accident. Iwent back to two of the other vehicles and looked them over for obvious accident tail-tails----YEP, both of them had been hit as well.
4 out of 5 is enough for me.
I went else where after that.

On new cars I can't say....and...I have heard very good things about them as well, but be very careful on inspecting the vehicles.

I laugh at their commecials....
:2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my 04 SL AWD at Carmax in July. Pricing was lower then any other dealer in the Atlanta area and the vehicle was in great shape. They were very easy to deal with and have a great policy should you get it home and change your mind. This is our 2nd car we bought from them, my Altima now has 107,000 miles on it and the only thing I have done was change some brake pads and the oil.

There are no pricing and finance games with them, the price you see is the price you get which is great as you can then take that to all the other dealers and see how they stack up. The same with financing we had arranged financing ahead that we thought was a good deal until we saw what Carmax could finance us at, they show you the screen with 3 or so offers for a loan and 2 of the 3 were about a point lower then what we had setup outside of them.

Overall with the 2 cars we have bought we never had a regret and always felt good when we left. Now we may have been able to get a better deal from another dealer is we took the time and effort to play the car salesmen game but I just don't have that kind of time and patiance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
sold car

I sold my 2000 Audi S4 to Carmax before getting my Murano.

The Nissan dealership was offering me $14,000 for the trade in . . . Carmax gave me $19,500. I guess you could say I was happy about that!!

I think they are a great place to SELL a car . . . not so sure on the buy side. Although I do like they no-haggle way of dealing. It is a great place to "kick the tires" on many different makes and models if you are beginning a used car search. Because of their way of dealing and their money back guarantees, their prices on used cars tend to be a little higher.

But like anywhere, make sure you do your homework before buying a used car. I've been burned twice before.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Re: sold car

lawbroker said:
I sold my 2000 Audi S4 to Carmax before getting my Murano.

The Nissan dealership was offering me $14,000 for the trade in . . . Carmax gave me $19,500. I guess you could say I was happy about that!!

I think they are a great place to SELL a car . . . not so sure on the buy side. Although I do like they no-haggle way of dealing. It is a great place to "kick the tires" on many different makes and models if you are beginning a used car search. Because of their way of dealing and their money back guarantees, their prices on used cars tend to be a little higher.
Did you buy another car from carmax when you traded in your Audi?
I have heard the reputation of my local carmax as well. Regardless if you buy from them or not, they will price your 'trade in' or 'sell in' (i.e your Audi for example), the same price...

·
Registered
73 Posts
no, I didn't buy another car from Carmax after selling mine to them . . and they didn't pressure me at all to do so. Turns out it was a very easy transaction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We sold 2 cars to Carmax when we bought the MO. It was weird. We had done some research as to what we thought the cars were worth. Both times (separate days) we walked in with a number in our heads, and they offered us that exact number. We were happy with our experience in selling our cars there, but we didn't look to buy there, as we already knew we wanted a brand-spankin-new Murano.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.
I am looking for a brand new one, so when they open i might have to check them out.
thanks again!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Are you sure they are going to be a new car Nissan dealer?
Not every Carmax is.
In fact, few are.

Homer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i looked around on the web and I think you are right, it looks like they are just going to be a used seller wich is no good for me.
does any one know if they can transfer new cars? On the web site it said they can transfer used, but does not say any thing about new?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2005 Murano S from CarMax

I was quite pleased with the carmax experience. I am a young single female and hate car shopping. They transferred in for me a 2005 Murano S with 4K miles that had never been titled. I couldn't find a better price anywhere and the no negotiation policy was so much easier. I traded in my MB ML320 and got a fair price--not wonderful as nobody wants those cars anyway.

My only gripes with them are:

1. did not include the keyless entry w/ my car so had to buy on ebay.

2. pushed hard for their extended warranty (must get extra commission on it).

3. didn't sell me a clean car. I spent 2 hours washing and waxing it the next day.

Overall, I would use them again.

Rachel King
Nashville, TN

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought two cars from Carmax a couple of years ago and know several people who have also bought cars from the LA area locations. In all cases the experience was great and the cars were both in great shape and were good deals financially. Definately recommend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts