Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Interesting... Soon some one will try to shave while driving :)

I dont like to eat in the car. I dont like my passanger to eat in my car.

The rules are:
-can only bring in drinks (not the jumbo size because wont fit in the cup holder).
- no eating of crakers/biscuits/chocolate as they have crumbs
- no eating of fast food in the car(greasy, smell)
- no putting of take out food on the carpet. I have my cooler/storage box from Target to put in those take out food.
- no spilling of anything. I n the case of spills, i wil be in bad mood right away and will take the car for interior cleaning/ shampoo the following day (either by my own or if it is too dficult, to a locally-own shop near my office). $30 max for interior refreshening.
THis is not interior detail. Just "cleannng up."

I love my car too much.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I generally do not mind people eating in the car, but I hate it when people touch the LED screen or the windows. I just don't get it. They are the same people who touch laptop screens, what purpose does that serve other than put smudge marks on it with their greasy fingers?!

·
Registered
741 Posts
You're easy man, my cup holders are only for storage in front and condemned in the back. No eating or drinking in the car. Not even a gum for my kids. Unless the passengers agree to be the ones cleaning the interior after the trip... ;)

I may let people drink water but that's about it. Other than that, there are restaurants everywhere on the road.

It's not merely a question of love, it's a question of time to spend cleaning alone what everyone mess up, because, other than being sorry, they won't spend 2 hours to clean their mess.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
snickering

yes, I am just as anal about da Mo as you guys....I haven't taken a trip in the Mo yet wiv the kids but....when they get inside, they are very concious of what not to touch--and glass is a biggie. hehe

They do get to bring drinks, but not open them, unless it is water.
A Starbucks Frap grande always adorns my cup holder in the mornings, it is either that or a bottled one from the fridge--no spills yet!

:2:

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess we all take care of our MO:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
There is a show on Bravo called "Things I Hate About You" in which couples record on camera the annoying things about their significant others.

In last week's show, a woman complained her husband is obsessed with keeping his car, a Range Rover, clean. He did not allow her to eat in the car or put her feet up on the dash. To get him back, she took the car, threw food all over the interior (this included wet foods), then had her friends paintball the entire car. It made my eyes water to witness such a sadistic act. Then she took it to a detailer and had it cleaned up. The result was a perfectly clean car, and her husband flipped when he saw the madness on tape. It was pretty funny.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Eric L. said:
There is a show on Bravo called "Things I Hate About You" in which couples record on camera the annoying things about their significant others.

In last week's show, a woman complained her husband is obsessed with keeping his car, a Range Rover, clean. He did not allow her to eat in the car or put her feet up on the dash. To get him back, she took the car, threw food all over the interior (this included wet foods), then had her friends paintball the entire car. It made my eyes water to witness such a sadistic act. Then she took it to a detailer and had it cleaned up. The result was a perfectly clean car, and her husband flipped when he saw the madness on tape. It was pretty funny.
Wow. THERE'S grounds for divorce! :)

I, however, don't mind people eating in my car. Just don't spill. And of course there will be some spills, but for the most part people who spill feel really bad and spend plenty of time to clean it up properly.

I gave up a long time ago with trying to keep my cars pristine. It will get dirty, it will get door dings (eventually) and it will get rock chips in the paint. But as long as it keeps looking nice and doesn't stink, I'm pretty relaxed about everything else.

My wife DID have to be trained, however, to stop touching the windows. She had this habbit of always pointing at things by smashing her finger against the window. (WHY? When you're pointing at something 2 miles away, can't you back your finger up an inch?) She would also always wipe the windshield with her hand if it was foggy, which, as we all know just makes it fog up easier the next time. Funny how she was always impressed that my windshield very rarely got foggy while hers always did...

But I have corrected her behavior! :D No more touching the windows (or my computer monitors).

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm with Marky, no food or drink in my MO. I get annoyed when my wife brings home pizza and the car smells like a pizza parlor for 2 days.
Bob1

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I'm with the general concensus. No food. Drinks with lids or caps are allowed! Also, my car is not a pizza delivery car. "Sure, I'll go pick up the pizza...where's your car keys?" :4:

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been reading the replies and it just occurred to me that you all have missed the point - yes, I agree that eating in the car can get messy, but what about the SAFETY!!!!!!!

Nobody mentioned it.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, even life threatening...

Especially when you drop your chopsticks.

But think of getting that food lodged in your windpipe if someone hit you while eating an moving... Well, the bump was minor, but he choked to death on an egg roll..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
You guys are too funny.... I don't know what to do. I've got a 2.5 year old with another one on the way. Drink is OK for anyone in my car provided they use a sippy cup and food is OK only if one is able to eat from a sippy cup too.

Easy. :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Security has always been my first priority. This is why my children and their friends can't possibly be eating anything in my car while they are straightjacketed and gagged. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Gonzo said:
You guys are too funny.... I don't know what to do. I've got a 2.5 year old with another one on the way. Drink is OK for anyone in my car provided they use a sippy cup and food is OK only if one is able to eat from a sippy cup too.
Wow, you must get some strange looks when you're at the Starbucks counter and ask for a "double-tall non-fat low-foam vanilla latte, and can you please put that into my sippy-cup?"

:headslap:

·
Registered
38 Posts
No food or drinks (except bottled water) in my car - Murano or otherwise. Friends and family think I'm nuts, but their cars look like pig pens and beat up inside and mine looks great.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I resist the urge, but sometimes it's necessary, while stationary. Except for Coffee... Sometimes, I just need one.

But it all get's cleaned out immediately after. And if for some reason, it's been eaten in during the day, the windows are left down in the garage to air it out. I hate getting in and smelling food, even when the foods gone. Some things tend to linger!

I think the worst I've seen, even worse than reading a paper, was a woman curling her hair in the vanity mirror, while driving on the Don Valley Parkway, which is a tight highway in Toronto that twists and curves through a valley. There are no shoulders on it, so there's no room for error... I just backed right off to stay away, when I saw that! She was steering with her knees through the curves. Can you imagine if the steering wheel slipped?:eek:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I recently saw a woman switching between a coffee and chocolate bar in one hand, shifting AND steering with the other, on a curvy road that varied in speed from 0 (stop lights) to 40mph.

Go around the corner while steering, go straight for a bit while shifting, jerk the wheel back, take a sip... repeat. :rolleyes:

Not as scary as the previous article. I learned to drive on the DVP, and you regularily need to stop fast. How do you steer with your knees while you are braking?

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I don't scare easily... (Take it from a guy who's switched positions from Passenger to Driver and back while moving down the DVP on a motorcycle... )

But she scared me! I backed off, once I saw what was going on and just wanted to be able to avoid the accident if needed.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts