Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is selling her vehicle privately. She will post it in our local newspaper classified section. She is also asking my opinions whether to use online service (not ebay). She does not want to ebay the vehicle; too much hassle and potential problems she told me. Anyone can share from their personal experience either cars.com or autotrader.com will give the most exposure to buyers?

Autotrader cost $69, renewals untill sold and will also print on local automart/car shopper mags. Cars.com, based on their own websiteclaim , has the highest traffic for car shoppers and will cost only $30 unlimited renewal....

Inputs are welcome....thx

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I was selling my Maxima I used both. Got 5 inquiries from autotrader versus 1 from cars.com. Sold to one of the buyer from autotrader.

When my parent was selling their RX300, I told them to post only on autotrader. Got 2 calls the next day, another 2 the day after. Sold the car in 2 days.

So there. Furgettabout cars.com.

S

·
0 Posts
I've had my wife's 99 Cougar on autotrader.com for quite some time now. We had a few e-mails but it seems as though everytime we e-mail the people back, they never write back. WTF? So now we are gonna try cars.com and then post it in the newspaper in NYC where the Cougar is at. We also have it on Yahoo Auctions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Autotrader has always worked for me. I have found their vehicle search to be very well done on the site, and they have a long, long history.

Hint: (In case your frind is buying new, but does not want to get dealer price for her car) When I bought my Bravada, just before my MO, I sold my Explorer through Autotrader, but the dealer allowed me to run the sale through thier books, so I saved the difference on the sales tax.:)

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
When selling my Del Sol I started by posting it up on Craig's List (http://www.craigslist.com/) because it was free. My backup plan was to advertise in the paper or autotrader, but it seemed pricy to me.

Sold my car in 3 days, had 6 interested parties. Never had to pay a penny to advertise, except for the $1 to buy the "For Sale" signs! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts