Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what i did while buring one of my cds, it has all the names of the songs and the name i have of the cd, do any of you make your own cds that you have sucessfully used the naming function?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I burn my cd's and have no problems seeing artist name or song title on the display.

Have to ask, did you change setting on Bose to change display from CD track number to titles?

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
FlyingHigh said:
I am trying to figure out what i did while buring one of my cds, it has all the names of the songs and the name i have of the cd, do any of you make your own cds that you have sucessfully used the naming function?
I did it one time and it was too much of a hassle. Of course, many CD's may indeed ship with all the naming filled in, but I generally listen to goth, "college", and punk/industrial imports so I think they are just too lazy to use those features. I once copied a CD and used the copy utility to take the time and complete all of the naming information for each track and it worked fine. But I'm not about to sit down and do all of that for all of the CDs I plan to listen to in the car. I wouldn't be surprised, however, that as the market matures, someone taps the CDDB lookup function to start populating the "CD Text" fields for each track during the burn.

I'd rather wait for the aux audio input kit from pac-audio.com to go GA and hope that it will let me send text data to the head unit to display artist/track details on screen just as you normally would from satellite. I mean, if the kit emulates a sat receiver, I hope it emulates ALL of its functions. If I'm hooking up a PC, I'd like to hook up the line out AND rs-232 for text.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
There are a couple threads on this...if you use Nero or MusicMatch, it will automatically input the ID3 tag information on the tracks that have it. You can copy an audio CD to your computer and use Windows Media Player to look up the track information and then use Nero to copy the tracks to a recordable CD, this was my solution for a while, I've since given up and now bought a 40 GB Lyra Jukebox and have all 250 of my albums on it. Works well, and plays through the tape deck. I can't wait until PacAudio comes out with their device.

·
Registered
7 Posts
CD's and their names

I burn my own cd's and i found that depending on the cd burner software you use, the Mo will display the cd names and the track names. I know Nero is one of them that rights the track names on the cd's

·
Registered
265 Posts
From what I've seen so far, most burning software has that feature, although sometimes you might need to set it up. The feature connects to a CDDB (CD Database) and if the information is there it will identify the CD and songs. Here is a link to programs that have that feature.

CDDB

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't get CD's I burn to display text. waaaahhhh!

I am using Roxio CD Creator 5. I set it up to download the song titles, artists etc. for the burn. When I play the newly created CD on my computer, all the titles, artist info are displayed as I would expect. When I try it in the Murano, even after making the change in the LCD screen menu to read titles, it will not do it. The screen displays "No Title" or "No Artist", depending on which mode I selected.

Why oh why will it not work??

Thanks!

Mark Linder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts