Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I went to put in a CD and got a Check Disk error. Tried another one, same thing. I listened carefully, and I don't hear the disc spin up, so I think the motor in the player is gone. Radio still works fine.

I'm at 83,000 km and I think the warranty on that part only goes to 60,000 km. I looked up the price online at Pinnacle Nissan/Infiniti, and it's $1,125.96 US! I don't know what to do. I can't afford the DVD upgrade I want right now and I sure don't want to spend that kind of money to replace the part I'm going to stop using in less than a year.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Remebered I have a nice Eclipse deck at home. I guess I'll pick that up and talk to my installer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just saw a cd/radio unit on ebay today. I dont think it was too expensive either, just look under nissan murano, you should find it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same thing happened to my maxima '95 at 9 ys and 140 k miles... Also a bose system... I think Bose needs to get its act together.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh, and Bose needs to wake up and learn about skip protection and MP3 support.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had my changer replaced under warranty because it failed. Its sounds too good to be true but the invoice for the exchange read 60$cdn. Maybe they never really changed because I'm having problems again. Maybe its worth a price check at nissan for the changer only.

·
4,664 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a place that carries wiring harnesses for my Eclipse deck, and also ordered an owner's manual. I'll be installing this as soon as I get the wiring harness.

Have any of you installed a 1-DIN cd player or other device in the Murano? If so, where did you put it?

I'm looking at sacrificing my tray under the console "pod".

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
I found a place that carries wiring harnesses for my Eclipse deck, and also ordered an owner's manual. I'll be installing this as soon as I get the wiring harness.

Have any of you installed a 1-DIN cd player or other device in the Murano? If so, where did you put it?

I'm looking at sacrificing my tray under the console "pod".
The best place for something like that is under the front passenger seat. Check the pics in my gallery for a carputer install in that location. One din CD player will look great there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
cd player gone bad

Only have 7800 miles and my cd player is bad. It would stop n the middle of a song. Then I would get message saying eject cd. WhenI hit eject button nothing would happen. In fact, nothing happened whe n I hit any of the buttons. I could hear the cd spinning, but that's it.

Dealer has ordered another player and will replace it whe the new one comes in.

Also already had the TPS (throttle position sensor) replaced.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Alright, now this is a common problem.
The TPS may be a bit rare, but many of us have had our CDs replaced.

Several folks have had their's replaced several times.
Mine seems to be OK. After the first one failed in the first 6 mos, this one has been in for over a year now.

BTW, this stuff is not Bose.
The radio is a clarion.
The CD apparently is an off brand from an off country.

Homer

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My CD player had the "skipping when cold" problems too. I just never bothered to get it replaced because I knew I'd be replacing it with something non-stock anyway. Just didn't think it would be so soon.

BTW, I though Clarion owned Bose.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tyler,

Let us know what you end up doing. I forsee all MO owners running into this problem sooner or later. I'd love to have my unit replaced as I am still under warranty, but the dealer seems to have no problem getting the changer to work when I bring it in. Although it never fails to keep failing when its on my time. They won't do anything about my problem unless I can demonstrate the problem. I'm thinking of video recording a day in the MO with my useless CD changer as proof.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I installed an aftermarket CD player I had lying around, under the stereo pod. It doesn't look that great, but it does the job, sounds great and doesn't skip. My system no longer contains anything from the original Blose, other than a few wires.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Take no offence, but what a shame. hmmm... what about installing a separate cd changer through the SAT input. You could put the changer under the seat or something like that. That way you could keep the console looking the same.

·
Registered
136 Posts
2nd unit still no cd playing

Well I've officially had two replacement units installed and still the cd player will not accept cds. I probed the service advisor and found out that the 60$ replacement cost I spoke of previously was not the cost for a new cd unit, but for a refurbished unit. Apperantly nissan has been having a lot of problems with their players (surprise surprise) and have put in place a "program" where they take a so-called non-functioning unit and replace it with one that was so-called repaired. Well as it turns out, after two malfunctioning player in as many months has me wondering what exactly is going on. They will be getting back to me hopefully soon regarding purchasing and entirely "new" unit. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh ya and by the way, Nissan canada insists that all those TSB's we find online apply only to US models... what a load of #$%. Does he not realized that they are all born in Japan, or is nissan canada trying to cover up. I have the creaking seat problem and a published TSB and obvious symptoms has not been enough to convince thy nissan advisor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts