Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been getting an F2 error code on my CD player. Does anyone know what this means? I called the dealer and they said that I would need a new CD player. I don't have the upgraded Bose system and was thinking about upgrading since the dealership has to remove it anyways. Has anyone done this? I would like to upgrade to get SAT. Is it worth it? Any draw backs?

Thanks -

Greg

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dealer will have to add the Amplifier, change out existing speakers and add the woofer.

In addition, the center console face plate and the electronics it houses will have to be changed.

You can get a lot of aftermarket stereo for what the dealership is going to have to pay for the special purpose electronics, and for what they will have to charge you to put them in and make a profit.

The high level of integration (steering wheel controls, center console, etc.) and the limited capabilities of even the upgraded Bose system (lack of MP3 capabiilities, limited expansion potential, integrated center console, dubious compatibility with CDR media, etc...) make the Mo a poor host for most of what is available for most other models... However, this seems to be the way the industry is headed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dealer will probably charge an arm and a leg for a Bose upgrade.

As for the SAT, do you want the one for the Murano (so that you can use the steering wheel controls?) or an aftermarket such as skyfi or roady?
I bought the factory one and installed myself. Love it. Only drawback, $295.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like the factory SAT. I currently have the option on my radio now for it but I didn't get it when I bought the car. What would I need to get it? Do i have to buy a different LCD screen from Nissan? $295 doesn't seem too bad to me, if you could let me know what parts i need I would appreciate it.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts