Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 04 MO SL, my CD Player is acting strange. I burned a CD with WAV files, played it on home CD Player - everything is great. Try to play it in car's player - panel reads "Check Disk", even out of store disks display same message after 2-3 times of playing.
I bought a CD player cleaning CD, but ironic thing is that player does not accept this disk either - displays the same message.
Does anyone else have the same problem? How should I clean MO's CD Player?

thanks a lot,
webtekie

·
Registered
93 Posts
the Bose 6 disc changer in my 05 is slightly better than worthless.

It will barely play store bought CD's let alone anything I burn on my computer.

Luckily I have Satellite and a hardwired iPod hookup and rarely try to listen to CD's.

If I used CD's more often I'd be really upset and probably take it back to the dealer.

Sorry I can't offer any advise, only frustrated understanding.:mad:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Odd... I've never had issues with my player... even plaing the Wiggles for my 2 year old daughter over and over and over and over and over again. :jump3:

·
Registered
40 Posts
strange...I use my CD player all the time never have problem, its actually not that bad at all in downtown chicago with city streets and all.:banghead:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Nothing odd or strange about it.
It's busted.
Get another one.

Homer

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's strange...?
My MO play just about anything I throw at it. :roadtrip:
Try burn it with latest Nero software, see if that help?

Nizmo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fact I did burn it with Nero. But the damn CD plays well in my: stereo system, dvd player, divx player, old no good kitchen cd player...but no Murano :(
I guess I'll tell the dealer when I do scheduled maintenance. It's strange that not many people have the same problem.

Oh, in related inquiry. Will Nissan offer audio in/USB for next Murano (2007?) so I can plugin in my storage device and wont be needing endless supply of CDs?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
webtekie said:
In fact I did burn it with Nero. But the damn CD plays well in my: stereo system, dvd player, divx player, old no good kitchen cd player...but no Murano :(
I guess I'll tell the dealer when I do scheduled maintenance. It's strange that not many people have the same problem.
DO NOT tell dealer you want them to check the player "because it does not play home-made CDs". The response you will get is that "Murano's stereo is not designed for home-made CD therefore nothing is wrong!!!" You and I know that is a bunch of BS but nevertheless they may tell you that. So just tell them it does not play store bought CDs....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Good answer Mr. Z

zebelkhan said:

DO NOT tell dealer you want them to check the player "because it does not play home-made CDs". The response you will get is that "Murano's stereo is not designed for home-made CD therefore nothing is wrong!!!" You and I know that is a bunch of BS but nevertheless they may tell you that. So just tell them it does not play store bought CDs....
PS where are those Air Horns ?:2:

·
5,244 Posts
Why would anybody want "Really loud Air Horns".......:8: :8:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Don, I have not had a chance to get the horns yet, but I will...

Kris said:
In my younger days I had a little banged up toyota corolla with truck diesel horns! I have to tell you it would scare the pants off of any driver who was in front of me blocking my lane. You need that here in California where people just get on the left lane and drive at whatever speed they want.

The only time I got into trouble was when I sounded it for a pick-up truck to get out of my way not realizing the driver was not in the mood...so as soon as he saw how small of a car I was driving came after me while flashing a baseball bat....:2:

Now I am thinking, a PA system would also do the same thing, except that it maybe illegal (people would think it is a police car)????

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris said:
You're kidding right? :4:

It's two in the morning on miserable rainy night and you are about to overtake a tandem tractor trailer on a desolate stretch of a two lane interstate. As you pull up even to the lead trailer, the rig slowly starts drifting over into your lane. :eek: You instinctively reach for the horn button. Your horn wakes the truck driver out of his trance and he pulls back into his lane and slows to let you pass. :6:

Do you still need to know why "really loud" horns can be beneficial?

The MO has a pretty decent horn. However, I can see where some people may prefer something more substantial.

-njjoe

P.S. - I apologize for the thread hijack.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
mine plays CDs burned with Media Player fine.....in fact, they all are burned with it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Webtekie -

What kind of CDs are you burning (-R, +R, R/W)? I have not yet experimented myself, but I understand that CD type could have some impact on playability (-R being more widely playable than +R for example). In addition, I discovered through Sony (as I was evaluating a new DVD/CD burner) that the manufacturer of the blank CDs can also make a difference (e.g. for me, Fuji disks burned on the Sony drive did not play as reliably as Maxell disks).

P.S. All commercial CDs play on my 6-changer. I have only tried two home-burned CDs so far (given to me by a friend) and one works fine while the other has problems toward the end. Since CDs are burned from the inner diameter outward, and music CD rotation speed is constant I believe, then I would suspect that the head isn't getting a clear signal at the higher linear speeds toward the outer diameter, probably from a marginal burn. My expectation is that the right disk type and disk manufacturer will resolve this.

Just some thoughts,
JDB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts