Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. Last week, here in DFW, we had temperatures down into the teens. It got down to 11 degrees at my home. That morning, as I drive to work, I'm trying to listen to some music on the CD player but it is skipping and skipping REALLY BAD. I tried other CDs but the problem continued. Eventually the skipping stopped. I suspect that the problem is that the car was cold and the problem went away as it warmed up.

Well, the problem is still happening and at temperatures in the 40 degree range. Has anyone here experience the same problem? Have you had the unit replaced because of it? I'm still under warranty and wanted to check with ya'll before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sgt_Beavis said:
Check this out. Last week, here in DFW, we had temperatures down into the teens. It got down to 11 degrees at my home. That morning, as I drive to work, I'm trying to listen to some music on the CD player but it is skipping and skipping REALLY BAD. I tried other CDs but the problem continued. Eventually the skipping stopped. I suspect that the problem is that the car was cold and the problem went away as it warmed up.

Well, the problem is still happening and at temperatures in the 40 degree range. Has anyone here experience the same problem? Have you had the unit replaced because of it? I'm still under warranty and wanted to check with ya'll before going to the dealer.
I to have the same problem and had the unit replaced once but the problem was still there. You are correct that cold temps effect the CD player, my 97 jetta has the same issue and the 6 stacker sits in the trunk.

I have found that in temps between 0 to -10C that you need time to warm up the dash before you can play CD's ( SAT radio has benefits here). When the temps are -10C or lower I do not even attempt to play CD's as the machine is just too cold .

Final analysis, it maybe worth to get the unit replaced while you are under warranty. Good luck and let us know if it changes the issue

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Same here..........

I have the same problem. It takes about 10-15 minutes with the heater on full to fix the problem. Sometimes it also helps eject and reload CD. I am using Ipod, so I am not too worried about it. My Mo is still under warranty, but I do not want to replace the radio because there is no guarantee that another one will work better. But I guarantee if I will go to service to replace it they will mess or destroy something else.:(

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Here, too..

I, too, had the skipping CD problem a couple of winters ago. Replacing the 6-CD changer definitely fixed it for me first try. I had a bunch of issues early on, and I finally boiled over one day when I nearly ran out of gas because the fuel door was frozen shut. Once I filled up, I went to the dealer, yanked a service manager into an office and yelled at him for half an hour.

I had lots of cold weather (deep freeze) issues that year:

CDs skipped for the first hour - replaced changer (fixed)
TPMS alarms every time I start the car - added air, fixed for a day
driver's seat heat would run for about 5 minutes every hour - replaced the switch assembly (fixed)
fuel door would stick - they loosened something (fixed)

·
Registered
10 Posts
This problem is not unique to Nissans.
The cold CD fogs over as the cabin or player warms up. Like the inside of your windshield but without a defroster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts